Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tantrum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Tantrum Reply with quote

So I finally man'ed up today and started trying tantrums. This is my first time ever doing them and I was pretty surprised at how easy they are compared to how hard they seem. Anyways I prolly attempted like 10 of them and got full rotation on nearly all of them it's just seems that I'm not going high enough or I'm spinning to slow. I made a video on my phone put the quality sucks. Anyone have any suggestions for tantrums?
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Tantrum Reply with quote

jamespjackson95 wrote:
I'm not going high enough

Stand as tall as you can when you hit the wake, and WAIT FOR THE POP. Don't start rotating early.

Other than that: video!

twolfcorner2009

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You basically just have to commit to it. Take your edge to the lip of the wake, release your back hand, let your board turn to parallel with the wake, and throw your head and shoulders back. Make sure to not let the handle get to far out away from you, that could be what's slowing your rotation down.
ediotism
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's hard to tell from your description without a video whether you got the pop right. if the trip flip part is initated correctly, you almost ALWAYS over rotate, not under. tantrum isn't flipped at high speed, but is a mild speed rotation that is completed via air time.

any chance you can upload the vid anyway? even if it's low quality we can see whether you popped it correctly. once the pop is correct and consistent, you'll find landing to be easy Surprised
jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually going to try to get some on film this weekend and hopefully I'll land one. I ordered 2 540 lbs straight line sumo sacs today from wakemakers. Any one have any experience with their products? How much should this help with my tricks. Thanks.
ediotism
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, what boat/speed/rope length do you ride at? adding sacs alone don't 'help' your tricks
jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an 89 inboard direct drive ski challenger by maxum/is about 18-20/ 65ft behind boat? And yeah I understand that they don't directly help with my tricks but hopefully the wake will be larger.
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been trying these also, my problem seems to be i'm throwing my head back but not keeping it back and my back arched the whole time like i should therefore under rotating every time, getting a little closer but i think like they said the main thing is not leaving early and waiting for the pop, did it right one time and could feel the wake tripping me backwards easier but i freaked out a little and bailed on it
twolfcorner2009

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slidin Out, wait until you finally hit one right and you just get booted into the air. It's definitely one of the coolest feelings after trying to do it and finally get it right that all of a sudden you feel yourself just flying!
jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the link for the video of my tantrum attempt
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh556/jamespjackson95/e75169fc879692740a31c646e4e308e5.mp4
I still can't figure it out Twisted Evil
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all! The flip itself actually looks pretty good. Just be much more aggressive with your edge in! Your edge out can also be a bit more quick and aggressive, instead of that long slow pull out.
So, edge out harder and quicker, then coast a little bit longer, then edge in MUCH more aggressively, build up more speed cause you'll lose some of that speed when changing your edge. Then do the same thing, same rotation, and remember to wait for the pop.
You'll stick it within 5 tries I think. Good luck!

jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks FlyZone CR. I'm defiantly going to try that next time I ride... Which will hopefully be this weekend Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: