Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Boat Raley coming down to fast.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Boat Raley coming down to fast. Reply with quote

So I've just recently learned Raleys behind the boat and whenever I do them I go up then immediately start coming down. Everybody says I should lay it out in the air longer, but I feel like if I do I'm not gonna make it down in time. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to stay in the raley for longer in the air?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge harder? It's hard to tell what you're asking. Short of changing gravity you're going to come back down so you'll just have to take it bigger.
ediotism
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 14, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a subtle change in line tension. the tension is high when you approach/hit the wake, and when as you leave the wake and go up, it is slightly lesser (you can feel it only if you really pay attention to it). it's at its lowest tension right around the peak of your air (but still tight rope). i pull down a very small moment after i feel the tension at its lowest point.

keep doing it and taking it bigger is the only way you get comfy with the trick, and THAT's when you get more hang time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: