Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Indy Glide help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 05, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Indy Glide help. Reply with quote

Anybody have any advice? When I see other people do them it looks like they just do a normal wake jump grab Indy then some how poke it out the back. It doesn't look like they do anything different to glide it out the back.
I'm just wondering what kind of edge you should take at the wake and how you initiate it so it glides out the back. Also if you have any tips on a raley, I find the Indy glide to be less intimidating then the Raley, so I was going to try it first. Is this not a good idea? Anyways, thanks for your help.
kent2010
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Needles

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a normal wake jump but what you have to do is really dig in with your edge when your coming up through the wake and force your hips up towards the handle. the harder you pump your legs and push through the wake the harder wake will push back popping your board out behind you when you get in the air. this is pretty much how every off axis trick is achieved. its kinda hard to explain, its really more of a feeling thing, but once you come at the wake right that first time and get it to pop the board out behind you you will get it like that, and it will be kinda scary.

for the first couple times it helped me to instead of taking an even progressive edge up through the wake and standing tall, right before the hole i would take a bounce to give it that extra little bit. its not as consistant but it will give you that feeling of the board getting thrown out behind you.

then its just a matter of figuring out how far you can let it back out behind you and still getting your board under you in time to land.

Like i said its kinda hard to explain but once you feel it go out the back once youll know how to do it and be able to make any of the tricks you can do off axis. which always looks cooler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: