Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

First Wakeboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajwalters12

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: First Wakeboard Reply with quote

Hey everyone, my family just got a boat this past weekend. I've been using my brothers wakeboard (he's been wakeboarding for a few months on his friends boat), which I picked up very quickly, probably because I snowboard. But, I want to buy my own board.

I'm thinking about three packages.

The Liquid Force PS3 w/ Domain Bindings. $380

The Ronix Vault w/ Divide Bindings. $350

and the CWB Pure w/ Venza Bindings. $330

I'm spending $300+ on a package anyway so I might as well make the $30 jump to the Liquid Force, but I'd like to hear your opinions before I make my final decision

Thanks
skye120
Criminal
Criminal

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the LF combo you were looking at for 350 and free shipping

http://www.waterskis.com/Liquid-Force-PS3-Wakeboard-Package-p/liquid_force_ps3_wake_package.htm

if you come from a snowboard background i would suggest a flex board not everyone likes flex boards but i came from a snowboard background to and love the flex feel. It feels alot like a snowboard. LF makes a few really nice flex boards as well as about every other bigger name brand companys

ajwalters12

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skye120 wrote:
here is the LF combo you were looking at for 350 and free shipping

http://www.waterskis.com/Liquid-Force-PS3-Wakeboard-Package-p/liquid_force_ps3_wake_package.htm

if you come from a snowboard background i would suggest a flex board not everyone likes flex boards but i came from a snowboard background to and love the flex feel. It feels alot like a snowboard. LF makes a few really nice flex boards as well as about every other bigger name brand companys

Thanks!

Also, would you recommend closed-toe bindings or open? Warmth isn't really a problem for me because I probably won't be wakeboarding during the cold parts of the year (I'll be snowboarding Razz). So any pros/cons besides that?
skye120
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like closed toe kind of goes back to the snowboard thing plus the open toes are fading out slowly fading out and i dont like to drop alot of money on something then the next year the dont make them anymore. With that being said some people swear by the open toed bindings. also if you might ride when the water is cooler the closed toes will stay a little warmer with the boots holding a little bit of water in. Where are you located?
ajwalters12

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skye120 wrote:
I like closed toe kind of goes back to the snowboard thing plus the open toes are fading out slowly fading out and i dont like to drop alot of money on something then the next year the dont make them anymore. With that being said some people swear by the open toed bindings. also if you might ride when the water is cooler the closed toes will stay a little warmer with the boots holding a little bit of water in. Where are you located?

I'm in North Carolina, near the coast, so it usually stays warm here until late October. I can't find closed-toe in any packages until it gets into the mid-400's price range.
skye120
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what size shoe you were also would you take a used one?
ajwalters12

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size 10 shoe.

Also, I got 17.50 off the package with a coupon, so now it's 332.50.
ajwalters12

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found 2011 Hyperlite Calibre w/ 2012 Destroyer Bindings for $250 on Ebay.
skye120
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think either one would be a good deal do you have any reputable dealers around you. Alot of times they will let you do a demo and then you can ride a flex and a stiff board to see which one you like better
ajwalters12

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a cable park an hour or so away, not sure if they have a store there or not.
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Hilton Head Island, SC

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do some shopping around you could probably find a closeout LF board and a pair of closed toe bindings for around $400. You'll need to find them separately though, unlikely to find a package deal like that. If you're looking at LF PS3 boards, I'd also consider the Witness and the Trip. Might save a little on the board and spend a little more on some closed toe Vantage bindings.

Hilton Head Wake Sports on Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: