Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Base Invert Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WinslowWake

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Base Invert Help Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have been wakeboarding for 5 years and still cannot do an invert. I can clear the wake and consistently get 5 feet of air landing out in the flats ts and hs both.

Lately I have been trying inverts a lot and I'm not sure which one I should just commit too. I have tried the ts frontroll, mexican backroll, and hs backroll. All have been to great failure and I have had a few bad falls on my attempts. One of the guys out at my lake mentioned that I should shorten the rope as I attempt everything at 20-21 and rope length of 75 feet.

My main question is what rope length and boat speed should I use? And if I feel just as comfortable jumping ts as hs. Should I commit to a ts invert before a hs invert first?

Thanks.
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey WinslowWake, I have no experience with inverts but I ride with people that do. From my experience around them when learning they would slow the boat down to 18-19(we ride at 20-21 as well). They also took a 5' section out of the rope. Heelside Backrolls seem to be the most common invert I see, although tantrums(from what I've heard) aren't much harder.
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75 feet is a long way out there for someone that can't do an invert. You sound like a very solid rider to me. Videos would help a lot to critique what you're doing wrong, as would riding with someone better than you.

TS Frontroll requires a lot of speed so 75 feet is probably fine for that. I actually land further in the flats on TS Frontroll and Scarecrow than I do any W2W jump.
HS backroll (either kind) is based on progressive line tension...you don't even start digging until the last several feet before the trough. You may have issues landing at 75 feet in the beginning on these. My HS backroll is actually the one reason I haven't lengthened my line any...I land it perfect W2W and I'm afraid adding 5 more feet will cause me to case the wake.

The 2 most common first inverts are definitely the HS backroll and the Tantrum like Ps205 said.

Good luck!

Dusty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: