Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Another new rider

View previous topic :: View next topic  
earman88

City: Grapevine

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Another new rider Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm new to wakeboarding, and am hoping I'll have access to a boat to start riding 1-2 days a week.

I'm very new to wakeboarding although I skated 'seriously' for about 3-4 years, so some things have come natural, such as landing 180's.

Anyways, I need to get a new rope/handle combo. I was looking at a 70' length (is this too long?). Also, should I go ahead and pay for a $130 combo? Is it worth it or should I just get a $60-70 combo?

Second, I want to buy a new wakeboard/binding setup. I have my eyes on the 2012 Harley (regular, not the Grind model). Is there anything wrong with this? I don't want to have to buy a 'mid-range' board and later pay to upgrade to a better board.

I'm ~175 lbs, 5'-11". Being pulled by a Tige (circa 2008 model) boat.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, welcome!
Yes it's worth spending the $130 for a good handle/rope combo. And the Harley combo is a great set up! If you have the chance to try some boards and bindings always do that, but otherwise go for it!

Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Like he suggested, if you can demo some I would, although the Harley is a great choice! It will be worth the $130 down the road, I've been through some cheap rope/handles and I finally dropped the $$$ for a decent setup and it's been well worth it!
cheesewizz
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drop that cash like Ps205Rider, said, quality over quantity, 70' is not to long do not worry it will most likely have 5 foot sections for shortening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: