Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Loading the Line/Getting more Height??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgb1974

City: Cincy

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Loading the Line/Getting more Height?? Reply with quote

I have been boarding for about 2 years. I am riding behind a 180 SeaRay i/o with a 4.3 V6. I have a Pylon and using a Liquid force 138 Closed toe setup.

I dont seem to be getting alot of air. I can do wake to wakes all day long but I do them but cutting real hard healside and crossing the wake pretty fast toeside.

Is this the best approach?? I have saw somewhere about loading the line to get more air but didnt realy see a explanation of how its done? Im guess putting tension on the rope and then easing up for a second to get the spring effect?

Any other tips?
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search some info and videos for "progressive edge". You're right you put tension on the rope, you do this by starting your edge back in really slow and gentle, then going towards the wake you build up your edge and with that line tension. You want maximum edge/tension where you hit the wake. So do NOT "ease up for a second"; keep edging all the way through the wake.
Besides all this body position is super important. If you can post a little vid.

ediotism
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagine you have a rope in your hand, with a metal ball attached at the other end. when you start to swing it, the ball will start 'rising' up, and the harder you swing it, the higher the ball travels at. this is basically like the tension of the rope 'swinging' you across the wake. you need the tension for proper height and travel.

work on the 'standing tall' at the wake thing, the better you stand tall at the wake, the more of it's energy you harness and convert into upward force.

as for the edging in, don't confuse the ANGLE with EDGE. you pretty much set the angle of the board when you begin edging in, but you have to gradually edge harder as you get closer to the wake. you will feel the tension of the rope gradually increase and it should be at its highest when you hit/leave the wake and going upwards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: