Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tower and Speaker build... All homemade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carp22

City: great falls

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Tower and Speaker build... All homemade Reply with quote

Over the past 3 years I've been doing modifications to my dads boat to make it a better wakeboard boat (although it will probably sink first).
It is a 1994 four winns 190 horizon jet. I built the tower myself and also the speakers. Maybe a little redneck but hey it works. I didnt feel like paying 300 bucks to get the tower powder coated so i used some herculiner from ace hardware and i only spent about 80 dollars. The speakers are made from 6 inch pvc that i cut at angles to fit 6x9 speakers cuz we had some of those layin around and secured particle board to with screws and silicone. Hope everyone likes it.
jamespjackson95
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make those racks too? How much money in all did you spend for everything? Looks nice
carp22

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the racks are one of the things that i didnt make. They were actually racks that my dad had bought a long time ago and they were originally made to attach to the side of the boat to hold waterskis. But when i was building the tower i found them in storage and figured they would work. Im sure they only cost about 30 bucks then but who knows if they even make them anymore.

Total I probably spent around 200 dollars on the tower. It probably would have been cheaper if i hadnt screwed up the first year and used a sucky welder and spray paint. And the speakers And for the entire stereo system i spent around 90 bucks, but my friend gave me the pioneer speakers, and since my dad owns a plumbing business, we had some leftover 6 inch pvc. Also, from my experience, Using big name brand audio is a waste of money, of coarse when you want the speakers to be really loud, so i bought a cheapy DUAL reciever and a cheap BOSS amp to run them...
supermanotorious
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job, our boats are almost identical, although I am a welder, I went with a Monster Tower instead

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=92467

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
carp22

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I read your post right after i posted this. I wanted to get a monster tower but I couldnt beat 200 bucks and a weekend of hard work. (well 2 weekends, the first was 2 summers ago and the other was last year) The first welds ended up cracking and the tower swayed back and forth a lot so i had to add the corner braces.
timapexcomputer

City: Chatham

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask, what kind of pipe did you use for the tower? Material and size?
carp22

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used steel pipe because aluminum is expensive and hard to weld. I do not remember exactly what size it is but I think it is like 1-7/8" I know it was just under 2" O.D. ... And i wanna say it was 10 gauge wall but it might be 1/8th inch
Sp8race1010

City: Cordele

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was used at the top to atach the rope??
carp22

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to napa and bought a trailer hitch ball.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: