Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Kenwood marine stereo head unit stuck in stand by mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHAZ7R

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Kenwood marine stereo head unit stuck in stand by mode Reply with quote

My kenwood stereo i think its a kmr-330 only displays standby now no matter if i hit the little reset button or not. 2 weeks ago i took some water over the bow and got some water on my head unit it shut down for about 5 minutes then i turned it back on and it worked fine the rest of the day. Last weekend i took my boat out and the stereo is stuck in standby mode. i read on the internet it might be a shorted speaker but i stuck a cd in and the stereo system worked fine until i tried to eject the cd and go back to my ipod it went back into standby and the cd is stuck in the unit. I dont have a clur where to begin since the cd played fine. I have 4 4.5 inch jl audio audio speakers running off the head unit and 1 10 inch kicker sub and 2 6.5 inch tower speakers running off a 450 watt jl audio amp if that helps. I am thinking maybe my battery might be getting old and too weak to run everything? Any suggestions? Thanks
t_brown1986

City: Dothan

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just try this... Unplug everything from back of headunit. Should be one plug and antenna. also pull fuse. now reinstall. I had a kenwood in an suv before and about every two weeks I had to do this. Still not sure why?
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t_brown1986 wrote:
Just try this... Unplug everything from back of headunit. Should be one plug and antenna. also pull fuse. now reinstall. I had a kenwood in an suv before and about every two weeks I had to do this. Still not sure why?

x2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: