Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Standing Tall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fd2blk
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Standing Tall Reply with quote

Can anyone give Tips/Exercises on how to better stand tall when hitting the wake. I always feel like I am hauling ass when I approach the wake and think I am standing tall but clearly looking at my video I am not. I can get wake to wake pretty easy but feel it is more due to speed then elevation. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAVwYpwZx-g
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets start with the positive for healside your chest is pointed up and you are showing the bottom of your board to the boat when you jump. For negative you are cutting out way to far only cut out half way just past the spray line. Also cut out and pause for a little bit and and sit more almost as far as in a chair then start your cut in. Look at the top of the wake and when you get a boards length away stand up like you are trying to do the first bounce on a trampoline.
Toeside there are 2 sides to the wake start jumping toeside you don't want to be a healside hero. Cut out and stand in a tall position put weight over your toes evenly start cutting in and then bend you knees slightly while cutting in hold the edge through the top of the wake while standing tall.

fd2blk
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vette74 wrote:
L For negative you are cutting out way to far only cut out half way just past the spray line.
Toeside there are 2 sides to the wake start jumping toeside you don't want to be a healside hero.

Thanks for the help and I will try your tip on not cutting out as far this may help me with the feeling like I am at mach 3 when I hit the wake as for toe side I do work that just not on the day I shot the Vid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: