Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help me choose a board Please!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nefcski12

City: boston

PostPosted: May 15, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Help me choose a board Please!! Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I am trying to choose a wakeboard for this season which is almost here. I previously rode the crappy 142 hydroslide black widow. Even though the board was horrible, i still feel i progressed decently fast. I am 5' 11" and i weigh 165 pounds. i am looking for a board/binding package that is under 350$ but will still last me for a while because i expect i will progress. I am looking for a board with a good amount of pop off the wake. The boards i am looking at are:

Obrien 2012 clutch wakeboard with access bindings for 329$
http://www.tightboards.com/obrien/wakeboard_completes/mens/2012_obrien_clutch_137_wakeboard_w_access_bindings.asp?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Product_Search&utm_campaign=google_base

2011 Liquid force ps3 wakeboard with domain bindings for 350$
http://www.rdcshop.com/products/2011-liquid-force-mens-ps3-wakeboard-with-domain-binding-combo?utm_source=google-product-search

2011 blem cwb kink wakeboard with torq bindings for 344$

I am open to other boards and this includes blem boards. I need all the help i can get. Thank you!!!
nefcski12

City: boston

PostPosted: May 15, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, i do not have many wakeshops around where i live but i was wondering if i should demo a board before i buy it.
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: May 15, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are going to tell you to demo the boards and find out what you like the best. With that being said, I bought my first two boards without ever riding them. I am still a beginner, wake to wake, 180s and trying inverts now. I have not ridden any of the boards you listed, but I like liquid force products. I have read good things about the PS3. That seems like a board you should be able to ride for awhile. Sorry I could not be more help.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: May 15, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of what you listed I would go with the ps3 for sure.
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Hilton Head Island, SC

PostPosted: May 16, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to WB.com and GO RED SOX!

Given those choices, I'd pick the PS3. I used to ride an '06 PS3 and loved it. Given your price range and skill level, here's another package deal you might want to check out.

Ronix 2012 Vault 139 w/Divide

also, the LF Trip is a tried and true design that is perfect for beginners but will also allow you to progress without holding you back.

Liquid Force 2012 Trip 138 w/Index

PS. If you're looking for a board shop in the Boston area, there's Baert Marine/Boston Boards in Middleton, MA.

Hilton Head Wake Sports on Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: