Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Favor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubs, you wouldn't have noticed, being dead and all. Laughing

Note to self: if ever in Florida and needing a MD, don't see any MDs with the first name "ky1e". I think I'd rather go see a dude named Rajupta Singh who barely speaks English than "ky1e". Maybe "ky1e" worked for Darin Shapiro and is in the slammer? Hmm....

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's still alive and kicking... Laughing

Untitled.png

Description:
 Filesize:  9.55 KB
 Viewed:  10116 Time(s)

ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: May 21, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true professional.
killer52

PostPosted: May 28, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Aubs,

truly amazing gift you have given your father.
My brother experienced the same situation, and I was unable to donate. He was lucky enough to get one from his future sister in law. He went through hell for quite a few years, but made a remarkable recovery after the transplant, so much so we celebrated buy purchasing a new Supra21v together at the end of 08.

I hope you are recovering well, and look after yourself when you do decide to have kids!
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: May 30, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontrider wrote:
A true professional.

LOLing

3 weeks out and doing great. Doing 3 30-40min walks a day, which sounds like nothing, but is exhausting. No lifting anything over 10lbs for another 3-4wks, and can't do much ab stuff since they cut thru all of them and they are healing. Lots of walking for the next few weeks!
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: May 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This headline made me immediately think of Aubs:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-inspires-kidney-donor-053012

Quote:

Report: Brady inspires kidney donor
Updated May 30, 2012 12:51 PM ET
FoxSports.com

A recent plea from New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady inspired a Massachusetts man to donate one of his kidneys to a complete stranger.

It's back to work as NFL teams gather for OTAs. Check out all the familiar faces in different places.
Peter Hughes, 48, told New England Cable News he had long considered becoming an organ donor but the star quarterback's plea to help locate a kidney for his mentor, Tom Martinez, sparked Hughes to action.

Martinez died in February at age 66 after suffering a heart attack during a dialysis session. But Hughes said Brady's plea led him to MatchingDonors.com, where he discovered Ajsa Bethiel, a mother of two from war-torn Bosnia who was in desperate need of a new kidney.

After discovering he was a match, Hughes followed through and gave one of his kidneys to the woman who now resides in Lexington, Mass.

"Had it not been for that particular article, I probably wouldn't have done it," said Hughes, who was still recovering Wednesday at his home little more than a week after surgeons took his kidney.

Brady, speaking on WEEI radio in Boston Wednesday morning, praised Hughes' decision after hearing the news.

"That's pretty cool to hear," Brady said. "We worked pretty hard to help Tom, unfortunately time ran out, but I'm glad some other people really got some help."

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chavez - Yeah, I heard about that. Pretty impressive. Another reason why I love TB12 Smile

Almost 4 months later and everything is pretty much back to normal. Still have to pee 15x a day (some lady asked me if I was pregnant the other day - was tempted to say yes just bc I had a margarita in my hand and she wouldve blown a gasket) but that is normal while my 1 kidney grows over the next year or so. Dad is kicking butt and taking names - he should be able to wakeboard again soon which he is missing big time.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it Aubs!
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome news!
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-08-25/kidney-transplant-botched/57316512/1

Quote:
Kidney for Ohio patient's transplant put in trash

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) – A nurse accidentally disposed of a kidney from a living donor this month at an Ohio hospital, and doctors tried unsuccessfully for at least two hours to resuscitate the organ in what medical experts describe as a rare accident, health officials said.
Sponsored Links

"Human error rendered the kidney unusable," University of Toledo Medical Center spokesman Toby Klinger said Saturday, but he declined to give more details, citing the hospital's investigation into what happened and its respect for the privacy of the patients involved.

But one of the doctors involved told Dr. David Grossman, a Toledo-Lucas County health commissioner, that a nurse disposed of the kidney improperly. Two nurses have been placed on paid administrative leave while the hospital reviews what happened, Klinger said.

Grossman told the Blade newspaper in Toledo that a man had donated the kidney to his older sister. Both the donor and the intended recipient have been released from the hospital, Klinger said.

The hospital has voluntarily suspended the live kidney donor program while they review what happened and determine how to prevent errors in the future, according to Dr. Jeffrey Gold, the medical center's chancellor and vice president for biosciences and health affairs.

He said that doctors tried to save the kidney, but "the physician in consultation with the family decided to not take the risk knowing there was a good chance for another highly compatible donor."

Grossman's office is not involved in the investigation or connected to the medical center, Klinger said. Grossman could not be reached for comment Saturday. The Toledo-Lucas County Health Department was closed, and Grossman's home telephone number was not available.

This kind of accident is unheard of in organ transplant centers and it was a good decision not to use the kidney, Dr. William Harmon, director of kidney transplantation at Boston Children's Hospital, told the Blade.

"This is unfortunately what medicine is like — it is not perfect, and there have been far worse cases where the donor has died," Harmon said.

Officials at the United Network for Organ Sharing, an agency that oversees the nation's transplant programs, could not be reached for comment Saturday.

There were 16,816 kidney transplants nationwide last year from live donors and from those who consented to organ donation through state registries should they die from an illness or accident, the newspaper reported.

Last year, 136 people in Ohio died waiting for a kidney, and 4,711 people died nationally waiting for a kidney, the newspaper reported.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh. I wonder what the end result will be for the nurse(s)?
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who wants to donate to kidney research, please click below and donate to TEAM KINTOP! We have about 20-25 people walking for this great cause in 35 days.

http://donate.kidney.org/site/TR/Walk/Connecticut?team_id=187199&pg=team&fr_id=7281
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: