Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakesurf Fin Configuration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrygunWake

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Wakesurf Fin Configuration Reply with quote

Hello all. My name is Mason and I live in the great state of Oregon.

My lake of choice is Billy Chinook, which is located about 15 miles SW of Madras, OR.

I have been wakesurfing these last two summers and was originally riding a Hyperlite Broadcast 5ft. 6in.

I recently purchased a used Liquid Force Brigade 4ft. 6in. off CL. The board is in good shape and for $80, I could not pass up the deal. I know I know, I should be buying a wakesurf board that is built by a wakesurf company BUT, being in college, my budget is quite tight, so I thought it would be a good idea to pick this board up for time being until I can afford a Shred Stixx, Phase 5, or Inland Surfer.

I am wondering what fin configuration will be best for speed, spins, and air? It appears that I have twin, a single, and another single at the end of the board.

Anybody have any insight as to what would be the best set-up that I am looking for (spins, airs, speed)? I must add that the twin black outer fins are 1.5, middle black fin is 1.2, while the white fin is 2.0. I'm not exactly sure what the means, but I thought it might be helpful. All suggests and opinions are welcomed. Thanks.

A few vid's. Tige 21i. No Ballast Embarassed

-Mason
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been told. More fin is more drive. So for speed two large on the outside. For spins the inland skims only come with one fin in the center rear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
OrygunWake

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flixmaster wrote:
I have always been told. More fin is more drive. So for speed two large on the outside. For spins the inland skims only come with one fin in the center rear.

Ah hoy! Thanks for commenting on my question. Thanks for the suggestion. I look forward to seeing what the board feels like here in the coming months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: