Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What kind of setup to get?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepowdylan

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: What kind of setup to get? Reply with quote

Hey I'm Dylan. I have a Bayliner Capri 185 in Norris Lake, Andersonville, TN. I'm 5 ft 10 and about 220 (I'm in the middle of loosing weight, so by the end of the summer around 200).

I was wondering what board I should get? I want something that I will be able to grow on and not have to instantly go get a new board once I get more intermediate. Also, I don't have a tower on my boat so I will be pulled from a lower point on of the boat. Noting this, I might need a little more help popping out of the water from the board.

I might be also looking at some of last years models. The store I'm going too they have liquid force, ronix, CWB, and slingshot. I tried on some shane bindings and loved them. Love any advice and opinions on this.

Also, Rope and handle I am going to be buying also.
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a rope and handle, I would order this one. You wont find/will have a very difficult time finding a better deal on a zero stretch rope. Plus it comes with the handle.

You can start with pretty much any of those boards you mentioned. Ask the shop employees if you can "demo" or ride the boards. Many shops let you do this and that way you can see if you like the board before you buy it.

I have a pair of shane's from a few years ago. It is the binding I started on. If you can afford those and you like the way they feel you should get them. Those should last a few years and they are a high end binding.

As far as the board helping you get up, it really is a non factor. I have ridden behind outboard bass boats and I/O's (bayliner, four winns) without towers and they pull me up the same as a boat with a tower. The key is learning the proper technique. There are great videos on youtube. There are also instructional dvds you can buy. Do you know how to ride yet? We can give you pointers on how to get up. But like I said, the board and lack of tower arent going to make a huge difference.
mgs917
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot the link.

http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=119_155&products_id=4861
pepowdylan

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great price on that line. I just want a good idea on what to get for a board. I think I'm going to end up getting the shanes, I just want a good pick for a board.
mgs917
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, it is al preference. A lot of people are limited by price. If price isnt a limiting factor, then I would just go to the store and ask a ton of questions and pick out the board that seems to fit what you are looking for. I think the Shane board looks like a great ride. I have heard a lot of good reviews on it, and it will match the bindings if you get shane's.
pepowdylan

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I do have a price range, but I want something that is going to be able to last me for awhile and something I can advance into easily.
pepowdylan

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up getting a Watson classic with vantage ot bindings for $500
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: