Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Astonishing facts about the kitesurf sport. !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vincesurfer

City: Chicago

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Astonishing facts about the kitesurf sport. !!! Reply with quote

Hello,

For my school Project I’m looking for interesting facts about kitesurfing.
What are the most important events and facts in kiteboardhistory ???
I would really appreciate if you would help me to find the milestones events in kitesurf history.
Once I have an interesting number I will create a small post resuming the most outstandingpoints with some pics and videos. I’m sure all kitesurf freaks will love it.
It’s really hard to find information in the web even Wikipedia does not really have actual information.

Example events are:
- Bruno Legaignoux and Dominique Legaignoux,patented an inflatable kite design in November 1984,
- 24 Mar 2012 Robert Douglas reached 49.84 knots (92.30 km/h) and gets the world record in speed sailing, competing against windsurf, trimaran and other wind driven vehicles.
- Kirsty Jones set the long distance record for a kitesurfing journey when she travelled 225 km (140 mi). She crossed solo from Lanzarote(Canary Islands) to Tarfaya, Morocco, in about nine hours on 13 May 2006
Facts that I would like to know
- Which is the biggest wave that has been wave kited?
- How many handle passes are the maximum that have been made.
- How many kites are sold in a year

Please always give me the source as I have to mention it in my presentation about kiteboarding. I will also put the results in my kitesurfing blog that I just started.

Thank you so much.
Keep in touch
Best
Vinz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: