Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Difference between TS frontroll and TS frontflip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronix14

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Difference between TS frontroll and TS frontflip Reply with quote

Dum Dum: A toeside front roll with backside 360.
Flavor Flip: A toeside front flip with a backside 360

What's the difference between these two tricks. I've been trying to learn what I thought was a Dum Dum but I am now wondering if I haven't been trying to learn a Flavor Flip instead.. Thanks for your help
SumDumGuy

PostPosted: Mar 27, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DumDum - Board flips edge over edge

Flavor flip - Board flips tip over tail

Same as the difference between a regular front roll and a TS front flip

TheHebrewHammer
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TS front flip and its variants are oldschool tricks that have fallen out of favor with the pros. I would love to see it make a comeback. It's difficult, but incredibly badass when done correctly. I hope to learn a flavor flip someday.
justin h.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Katy

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm old enough that I can TS Front rolls and flips. The short answer is that a TS Front flip goes tip over tip while a TS Front Roll goes edge over edge. They are actually very different tricks.

A TS Front flip approach is just like a HS front flip. It starts very slow and finishes very intense--straight up and then over the top. Also, through the air I pin the handle to the small of my back. For front rolls I use a wider cut and the handle stays closer to my lead hip throughout the trick.

Fruit loops and tootises roll are essentially the same trick. I tend to use a more vertical pop on a small wake (fruit loop-ish) and a wider smoother pop on a big wake (tootise-ish). Other than the intensity of the approach, I don't really change much. I just call it a tootsie roll...I can't do dum-dums or flavor flips, but I imagine the principle is the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: