Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Which Board - Confused

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckets28

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Which Board - Confused Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Sorry Newbie and you'd be sick of these questions.
I'm a beginner, been up once and looking at getting a board and having fun instead of always driving the boat.
I have 1/2 day lesson book to help get me up & going. I'm looking for a board for a beginner but one I can advance on without updating quickly. It would also be good if others who come out on the boat could have a try & use it.
I have been recommended the following & I am confused on what to get.
Boat boarding only.

CWB Absolute
Liquid Force Harley
Liquid Force Witness
Hyperlite Forfront
Ronix Mana
Ronix District
Ronix Vault

Please Help????
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until after the lesson. Have the coach show you some different boards. But until you really start to jump and get more aggressive the different type of rockers in boards will not mean much to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Buckets28

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was hoping to be up & going by the time of the lesson and take the board with me.
At this point, I think I'll go with CWB Absolute.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckets28, You really can't go wrong with any of those. They're good boards, just all have very different styles/characteristics that will affect the ride (stuff you probably won't even notice right away until you get a little more advanced).
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can hyperlite be any good? hyperlite sucks!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckthis, It's not helpful to newbies to put your bias in the discussion. Unless you have a legitimate reason, keep your fanboy responses to yourself. People new to the sport have no idea what's what when they're coming in to it.
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, hyperlite lover, I have a legitimate reason, I'm sure many have been sucked into their hyper advertisements on their crappy boards.
Here is the complaint- When hyperlite sells a (professional) wakeboard called the Murray, year 2007 for over $400 and claims
for the 2007 Hyperlite Murray 138
"The Murray series is designed for riders looking for the pop of a three-stage board, but the consistency of a continuous rocker line."
It is BS, this is not being bias, I know the Ronix and CWB are good and I hear the Harley kicks, but I would avoid hyperlite!
I tried this board last year, it was a brand new 07 board, never used and it sucked, a professional board made by hyperlite, ten years of making boards and they produce crap and lie in their advertisements, be careful when buying boards, test,test,test, and do not believe their advertisements.
Why should I believe they are any better 15 years later, they might be, but I would not give them one cent until I demoed their boards.

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckthis, Obviously you know me well and that I'm a huge Hyperlite fanboy ( Arrow Arrow ) I've never owned a Hyperlite board myself (prefer Liquid Force's shapes), but I've ridden them and know many people who have/do own them and they're just as good as any other board on the market now. The old Premier shape was one of the best boards to exist for it's time IMO. Your one bad experience doesn't account for the entire line/every year of their product. Every single company out there provides crappy generic phrases like "this board pops like a 3-stage but has the profile of a hybrid with the durability of a rhinoceros" in their ads. That's why most people on here suggest that people try boards out for themselves if they can.

While they're not a brand for me, I wouldn't shoot them down completely for someone else.
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 15, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah, I saw the next year Murray changed his design, 2008, and its probably a lot better today. The person who bought the board, bought it new last year, so be aware of what year your board is that you are buying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: