Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

cable board question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qsam

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: cable board question Reply with quote

Hey,

I've been searching around for a cable specific wakeboarding forum of some sort, with no luck so far. Does something like that exist ?

Anyways, got a question regarding cable boards. Should a cable board be a bit shorter than a board meant for riding behind a boat ? For ex. 6ft/150lbs person should probably use something like 138cm board for boat riding. What size is good for cable ?

What are the benefits of a larger/smaller boards ? More pop with larger board and better maneuverability with smaller one ?
Thrasha

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does your cable park have in terms of rails/kickers? if you plan to hit them then id suggest going with a hybrid board. Normal boards without the harder base wear a lot quicker.

I ride a 138 and am 200lbs. You will be more then fine on that size. Id go even smaller. 134 perhaps.

As for your first question, you are in that place lol
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qsam, There's a lot of great options out there. Liquid force has their "Grind" and Hybrid series boards, Hyperlite makes a few boards with their "Sintered Enduro Base", and Slingshot makes pretty much all of their boards with rail-riding and extra durability in mind. Most companies out there have at least one board in their lineup made to take some extra abuse. Is there any company you're leaning towards/loyal to?

As for size. I personally stick to the same size I'd ride behind a boat (6'4", 220 lbs) and that works well for me. I ride anything from a 141 to a 144. I have a 2009 Liquid Force Witness Grind (the board Tom Fooshee uses) and a 2010 Watson Hybrid and they're both awesome for their own things. The Witness makes line-loading tricks like raleys insanely easy, that thing just wants to pop out of the water. The Watson is pretty good for air tricks (I haven't quite figured it out yet but I've seen other people boost on it) but I like to ride rails more due to my knees and the flex is a ton of fun. Both boards have seen some pretty good abuse and still are holding strong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: