Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HP DV6Tqe landed on my desk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: HP DV6Tqe landed on my desk Reply with quote

I've got one of these on my desk right now to do some cleanup/setup, and I gotta say, at first glance this is one heck of a nice looking machine. Feels sturdy, screen is great (full 1080p), and so far it's snappy.

Color me impressed...

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 14, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW: I've had this thing on my desk over the past several days, setting it up and getting it ready for it's final destination.

I am quite impressed with it. It's handled all tasks admirably, boots relatively quickly, and feels quite sturdy. The screen... man it's nice. I'm hoping 1080P is the standard for all laptops very soon. Rumormill has it that there are several ultrabooks that will offer it in the next year, and the MBP is going to 2560x1440 soon. I'm all for it.

The "Beats Audio" is just OK. You have to tweak the EQ to get rid of some of the tinniness. Once that is done, it's definitely one of the better laptop sound systems.

One of the best things about this lapper, is that the keyboard not only has the regular QWERTY setup, but they managed to get a full 10 key on here too! If you do anything with numbers, having a 10 key is a must, and having it on a 15.6" laptop is freaking awesome. The keyboard itself is also a "chiclet" style, with good feel. Very nice, very comfortable. I just wish it was backlit.

So, this thing gets a thumbs up from Chavez. There are some little things I would change, but overall, this is the best 15" laptop I've seen at this price point. As specc'ed on my desk, it's under 1k...

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 20, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell. Price just dropped on this laptop about $100. Now $875!!!!

Coupon code: NBT3886

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: