Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakeboarding issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpitch33

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Wakeboarding issues Reply with quote

I have been having an issue with staying on plane while wakeboarding. I can get up from a deep water start without a problem, but after a second or two, my front foot seems to catch and it just goes downhill from there. I feel like im leaning back enough and im putting the handle at my hip while im up. Granted, we did move the bindings around a little for friend of mine. Could that have anything to do with it? I used the same board just the other weekend and rode for about a mile or so with no problems. Could it be how the driver is pulling me up? Cause they were two different drivers, but i felt they pulled up the same. The board is kind of big though. Im about 155 lbs and i think the board is about like a 141 or 143cm because it pulls my friend up who is about 230 with ease. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What speed is the boat driver at? It sounds like someone might be pulling you slower.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
jpitch33

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i tell whoever is driving to floor it, and then stay about 17 or so. And they say that they are. So, do you think its just an issue of speed? Because the first driver that i was with and was able to stay up so long with says that he only stayed about 17 also.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe lean back a little bit more with your shoulders. You should be able to stay up doing 12 miles/hour or so, so speed should not be the issue. Probably...
Video maybe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: