Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Outstanding August and September!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Outstanding August and September! Reply with quote

After the very slow start to summer man what a great August and September!!

I've had great weekends since we got back from holidays in July. I don't know if I've ever wakeboarded in the morning and then kiteboarded in the afternoon till this year. I've done that four times now!

We've had some crazy windy days here, Sunday being one of the strongest winds I've ever been in. 220 lb guys on 4m kites. I was out on my 10m earlier. I was a little overpowered but was too lazy to pump up my nine and about 30-45 minutes into my ride holy crap!! Wind picked up and I was thinking about ditching the kite. two people held me down when I landed. Good times. Looks Windy all weekend as well with highs in the mid 80's. For these parts that's almost better then our summer weather!

I've booked my two kite trips for the winter already. Looks like Cuba and more Cuba both times.

Hope everyone is having a good season on the water.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summers are always dead here, but the Texas Fall season (Oct-Dec) is about to blow up! Wakebrad and I will definitely be hitting it on the weekends and prob a few vacation days as well. I want to do at least one long weekend in Corpus\Padre in Oct\Nov. I have a baby due in Feb, so I gotta get it while I can. I do get 3 months paternity leave this spring so I will get alot of riding time in.

Really wish I could do Cuba this year.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu get Three months of Paternity? really? I thought that most states only gave 6 weeks and that was for the mom... How do you get paternity, does your wife not work then?

Veradero is a bit iffy at that time of the year so I'll keep the fingers crossed. Might just be a rum drinking trip.... I booked the Veradero trip and a week later my wife emails me and tells me her Christmas party is in Houston this year, the week I'm in Cuba, so I could have gone down there and hit either the levee (sp) or padre maybe. I think she's a little annoyed now that I booked the trip so she'll have to go by herself to the Christmas party.

Another note, you say your wife is due Feb? That's too bad, laugh I mean because I might be going to a coworkers wedding in Feb in Hawaii. Haven't decided yet so that might be an excuse to jump over to the north shore and try some kiteboarding in Maui. That one is still being debated... Heard Maui is pretty epic but February typically isn't great for wind I guess. My neighbor went in February last year for 12 days and got shut out completely.

I signed up for the windGuru pro, man so much better then the free version. Looks good all weekend at the Kite Ranch...

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, its the PC world we live in. Equality for all, and 3 months is what the moms get at my workplace. Yes, my wife works and she only gets 6 weeks, lol!

Hawaii wind is heavy and gusty, but generally always there for you. I have not ridden there, but most people who ride flatwater in epic carribean spots say its just "ok". If you love the surfboard its said to be really nice and its windsurfer paradise. I think for kites you have better conditions in Cuba.

Houston in Dec has nice wind but a bit chilly for this Texas boy. Air is generally anywhere from 50-75F and water is 65-70F.... similar to a heatwave in your summers I assume, lol. I would already be in a fullsuit, lol.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: