Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New here, couple of questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jman1101

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: New here, couple of questions... Reply with quote

Hello all,
Nice forum here, I love being able to talk to people on improving my skills. I have a problem though. I am wanting to learn to pop off of my families pontoon boat if thats possible and side flip which I have practiced on our trampoline. Thing is is I dont know If I can pop off of our wake high enough. I remember kneeboarding behind a gf's bayliner and that wake was like a 2 or three foot steep smooth ramp. Our pontoons wake is probably about 6 inches to a foot, and is very washy and sshaped wrong since its not a vhull. I know the immediate solution is to say to get a new boat, but we still have a while to go with payments on this one I think. Plus if I asked for a vhull my family may think im ungrateful. So what would you do? I normally get pulled at 21ish mph GPS, and began cutting into the wake last time we were out. I was getting air, but not a ton, which I think contributed to me keeping my knees bent as I hit the very small wake. Ive also heard of air tricks which are used while winching or whatever, and its like a series of cuts and then they pop into the air and can do their trick I think, how do they do that without wake? Also, how easy is it to break a leg if I ever attempt a flip, and the front of the board grabs the water? Here is a video of our wake, the best one I have. That isnt me riding, that is a friend on his first time up

http://s492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/wisetrapper/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=IMG_0828.mp4
Sorry its blurry
Any tips appreciated,
Jman1101
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air tricks are all abut loading the line. Instead of a new boat check out the wakeboard instructional DVD the book box set.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't break a leg.
Air roll (or a backroll on a very small wake) is indeed about loading the line, HARD, and standing tall.
Use the time behind this boat to get supercomfortable riding switch, learn every 180 imaginable, possibly all 3's. You don't need a hige wake to learn all these and get great basics to move on with.

Jman1101

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, thanks guys! Summers pretty much over and waters getting cold, so I think ill be loading up on info and trying next summer! I never knew air tricks were from loading the line, I thought it was some certain ove haha thanks for the info!
Jman1101

Jman1101

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the best non stretch rope for wakeboarding that I could use that is within the average persons wallet? I think the one im using currently is a ski rope which Ive read wont work for much loading or constant tension in the line while riding. When you perform an air trick does your rope have to be higher than arm level, and do you just rock back, or rock foward then back to get the pop from loaded line?
Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: