Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HD Camcorders, $1000 or less

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: HD Camcorders, $1000 or less Reply with quote

Any recommendations? I was looking at the Sony Handycam line but generally Sony seems to be overpriced in everything they do (although I did have a handycam a while ago and loved it, lasted a while too).

I basically want the best HD I can get for the money. Ideally with microphone line-in and headphone line-out. What's a good camera to help make stuff look purty?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research on the Panasonic HDC-TM900 and looked at some demo videos and stuff. It looks pretty soild. Anybody ever use one?
wakemads
Criminal
Criminal

City: Sønderborg Denmark

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a DSLR with video option. Then you can film 1080 or 720 with 50/60 frames pr second (depending on what format you are using, PAL or NTSC) for making them super slow motion clips. plus you can take good pictures.

And if you want another lens, you can buy a new one.

For around 1000 USD you can get a Canon 550D or 600D. that is and excellent camera.

But beware, it gets addictive, buying new lenses.

Just got my Fisheye, that is a fun toy Wink
Nauty
Addict
Addict

City: Lake Dallas

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved a ton on my HD camcorder by buying the previous years model which had minimal changes from the current year. When I bought mine a couple years ago I went with a top of the line Sony and got it for $750 compared to that years current model which was $1100. The only difference between them was that the newer one used SD cards and the one I bought used memory sticks.

The offerings from all the manufacturers seem overwhelming at first, but if you sort them all out you'll see that the differences between models within a particular brand are minimal. You can save a lot of dough if you do your homework.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: