Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Backroll...close...want to land it this Friday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
normrd

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Backroll...close...want to land it this Friday Reply with quote

Feel i'm pretty close and want to land it this friday. Was hoping to get it last week but binding broke on an attempt and only got to try 3.

Any pointers to get me over the hump.

My driver was going too slow (pick up some lake weed) so wake was wider then normal here, the other attempts landing on the downslope but this one the rotation looked the best.

Thanks,
Norm

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're edging way too hard way too early.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=90911

The standing tall comment from that post counts even more for you

BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaaaaaaaay to much squat bro. If you are going to squat like that, you need to lock your left leg out, this will force edge to equal speed, which you do not need.... unless your Randall Harris! This is a load and release trick. You should be able to be 8' outside the trough of the wake, progressively edge into the wake and kick this trick.

The roll is done by placing more weight on your back foot down and turn the nose of the board 90+ degrees to wake.

Stand tall while coasting, slowly start edging, not squatting, make your hardest edge at the top of the wake. This simple little thing will help you get more height and spin you faster.

Like I stated above, if you slow that video down to the 8 second mark, if you where coasting right there, distance wise to the wake, you could progressively throw that roll.
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he just threw the roll way too early and killed his pop. His cut in looks progressive enough but he is squatting down way too much. You should be leaning on the rope and building line tension. As people stated already this is a load and release trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: