Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HS FS 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: HS FS 360 Reply with quote

I'm getting the handle about 50% of the time. I'm sure I'll land it eventually but just wondering if anyone has any tips from what they can see. I seem to be setting my axis fine, but from the book they say to keep your head up and look around the horizon. I'm finding this difficult since if you set your axis once you're backwards (half way through the rotation) you'd naturally be looking down at the water - instead of at the horizon line.

Here's a vid of a bunch of the attempts. Some just suck, others I'm a lot closer. Fun tantrum fall at the end.
http://vimeo.com/28565312

OuachitaWaker
Addict
Addict

City: Hot Springs

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to cut harder.. man up and try that bad boy wake to wake, the added height and hang time in the air are just what you need, looks like you got the passing down.
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it was a real gradual cut that did it for me. Ollie edge ftw. Still working on getting the pass down, I always pass it really far under my butt, like honestly under my knees. Whatever I'll play with it more. Thanks for the post Wink

http://vimeo.com/28694227

easy-c

City: Island County

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for starters you are landing in the worst possible place - right where the wake jacks up again - thats most of the problem. you need a better landing area. 1 of 2 things you can do.

1 You need to go slower and rotate faster with a more explosive pop almost straight up to get the technique built up , or 2, go bigger and cut harder giving yourself more time for the trick like ouchita says.

I would suggest the second going wake to wake and focus on putting the board back down flat and square. sometimes it looked like you were still a little off axis during landing.
-easy C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: