Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Flyboy Division of Inland Surfer James Walker Signature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Stockton

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Flyboy Division of Inland Surfer James Walker Signature Reply with quote

I wanted to post an update on this board, as we did the original concept board build here on Wakeboarder.com. That was back in late 2008 and early 2009. I approached Ed and asked him if it would be ok to document the original build and he graciously gave me permission. You can read all of that from back in the day here on Wakeboarder.com http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=79787]here. and I also just bumped that thread.

Also, Boardstop just added the Flyboy Division James Signature board in their store you can find that page: Inland Surfer FlyBoy Signature Wakesurf.

Here is a picture from back in early 2009 with James riding that early prototype.

FlyBoy Wakesurf - the most technically advanced wakesurf boards
Wakesurf
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I can't do embedded URL'is!

We've changed the construction since those early days, we're not using Kevlar or Zylon, instead boring old fiberglass, but for the most part the construction is very similar.

In 2010 we started offering the board for sale under the Flyboy Wakesurf label, but at the end of 2010 we merged that with Inland...well the swallowed us up Smile We were and still are tiny.

During 2010 James campaigned his production level Flyboy at most every wakesurf contest available and won all but one, included the men's pro surf division at the World Wakesurfing Championships.

If I can do it, here is a link to a very VERY short part of James winning run at the WWSC.

Wakesurf
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it! Ok, time to head home, but I post some more of the new board.

Wakesurf
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have followed along with another build, we made some changes in the construction in late '10, but didn't prefer the ride to the original. The IS Flyboy is a molded shape, which allows for an exact duplicate of the original board. Inland isn't known for their fins and toe and cant orientation, but they got that wired in this board. The final weight is really close to the boards I was hand making and our first year production boards, in the area of about 5 pounds.

For everyone that followed along during the original builds, thanks so much!

And some pictures of James riding one of the first production boards.

Wakesurf
surfdad
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took Taylor out with us on the board. Poor guy, we taught him how to wakesurf over a year ago and he hasn't ridden since and we make him ride backside! This picture is of his second 30 minutes of riding ever.

Wakesurf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: