Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tootsie Roll landing help (VIDs)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyhigh
Addict
Addict

City: Monticello

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Tootsie Roll landing help (VIDs) Reply with quote

Hey guys, I feel like I am right at the verge of sticking this trick, but could use a little help. I feel like I am doing the basic mechanics right, just over-rotating the flip.. I know the first thing to try would be to tone it down, Ive tried that, its harder for me to get my rotation if I do that. I am going to try to take it a little more up next time, rather than out. Just looking for any pointers from folks who have landed it. Another thing I think I am going to do next time I am out is practice just landing switch like that w2w.. To try to get a little more comfortable with that landing.

here are a couple attempts from yesterday, sorry there is no slo mo.. Bump it up to 720 to get a clearer vid (To do this, you will actually have to go to the youtube link).. Thanks

BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You stated it feels like your 'over-rotating', but I don't think you are.

Personally I think you need to reach for the handle sooner; right as you come off the wake you want to go for the handle pass, this will start your rotation! The faster you feel like you can get the handle, the better off you are. Once you pass the handle it's just a matter of letting the rope unwind.
flyhigh
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what I meant was that I was overrotating my front roll, hence me smacking my back. I do think that I need to pass earlier, and get a little more "rotation" out of my spin.
BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, because in the first video you barley have the handle until you are over the landing side wake. The second one is super close, if you would have kept the handle in or pulled it in forcefully across your chest, you'd had it. Of course you shouldn't need to do that, there should be some tension, which is what unwraps you.

You really have it bro, tell yourself you got it and do it.

You got that stuff man!! Now zoom that camera in and go kill it!
b33nine
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're right there, a couple you could have definitely ridden away from if you had a better grasp on the handle.

How were the crashes on these when you first started going after it? Me and a buddy have been chasing crow mobes this year and have both noted that the crashes are usually really minor. I'd be really interested to see if I could convince myself to start trying these guys Mr. Green
twolfcorner2009

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got the rotation down, but you're slapping your back and it looks like it's because you're landing with the board facing forward instead of rotating about another 45 degrees and riding out and away from the wake with the way your momentum is carrying you. If you can get a lil more out of your spin, you'll have it no problem bud!
flyhigh
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianABE wrote:
Of course you shouldn't need to do that, there should be some tension,

ya, not really sure what I need to do to get that line tension....

flyhigh
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b33nine, The falls werent too bad.. took an ankle bender or two, but other than that not too bad.. The getting my back smacked is kinda sucking, but again, its honestly not too bad of a fall at all. Id say go for it..
BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming you can do a front roll, so try and take your FR straight up a few times; not out into the flats, go for heigth. For me I edge in with more speed, pretty much lock my left (lead) leg and feel like I wait forever to trip it. Then I try and throw it away from the boat and not across. This throwing it away from the boat keeps the line tension up. It may be the wrong way, but give that a whirl and see what happens. All you can do is crash Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: