Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Cable Raleys Regular vs. Goofy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Cable Raleys Regular vs. Goofy? Reply with quote

How much harder is it to cable raley regular vs. goofy? I have been told it would be a lot easier to learn them switch because it's easier to cut out to the edge of the lake then to the inside. Would it be smarter to learn them switch first or just keep trying regular? Also Can someone in depth explain scoopin g the board to me I've been trying but my toes go under and i eat it or I just don't scoop enough and are only like a foot and a half above the water.
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried a couple times and i ate it so much i didnt need dinner that night.. so no help from me haha!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronix14, So I take it your switch raley is to the outside of the cable and your regular is to the inside? Assuming the cable (like most) is running counter-clockwise then you ride goofy, correct?

My home cable doesn't run in the direction that's "good" for me. I have to do my regular air tricks to the inside and it is a bit harder. For the raley, I find that they're extremely easy (and you can go really big) right off of the dock. As soon as you're off the dock, edge really hard and right as you're passing under the cable, do the flick. Someone told me a good trick and it was to imagine that there's a soccer ball behind your front foot that you're trying to kick. Just do that motion quickly and you should be good to go.

If you're comfortable riding switch, then why not go for it? nice to have a switch trick in the bag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: