Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Best wakeboard for my 4yr old

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Houstonshark

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Best wakeboard for my 4yr old Reply with quote

I have 2 sons, the youngest just turned 2 and my oldest will be 4 in a couple weeks. I think he is ready to get up on a board. He absolutely loves the water, is a good swimmer and is itching to ride.

He is a big kid already, tall and about 55lbs. I worry a little with him having the strength to control himself and a bigger kid's board. I ride a Ronix One and am buying my wife the 2012 Ronix Quarter Til Midnight so I'd like to get my son the Ronix Vision 120. They only make a 120 but I noticed that Liquid Force has the Nemesis in a 111, 118 and a 124.

Should I look at getting a smaller board than the Vision 120? My 2 year old is much more daring and I can easily see putting him on the board next spring. He's quite a bit thinner than my oldest so a smaller board might be better.

Am I making too much out of a board for my boys? Does it really matter that much as long as the boots fit them well?
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Godson's younger brother is 9. However, he's short and super skinny, weighing only 57 pounds, so I feel I can help a little from my own personal experience. He rides the Nemesis 118 and he's just fine on it. I certainly wouldn't put your boys on a 124. Too big of a board will bounce a lightweight person on the tiniest little wave, even directly behind the boat where there is "turbulence".

So I can't really recommend the 118 or the 120, especially knowing that your soon-to-be 3 year old next year will be riding it. I'd go 111 or 118 at the very most, and I can appreciate your loyalty to Ronix but size is more important for beginners, especially for kids. Your 55 pounder might need a 124 next year it sounds like, so be prepared to have a 111 and a 124!

Best of luck,

Dusty

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would second the recommendation and the Nemesis is a god board for the kiddos. That's what our boys have been riding.
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my riding buddy's little boy is 3yo and has been riding all summer, he's going back and forth over the wakes, doing little ollies, powerslides, surface 180's, and catching toeside edges, your son will be plenty strong enough, he has the little hyperlite board, it's the shortest one they have, not sure which model it is though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: