Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

how to spin!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mookproductions1

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: how to spin!? Reply with quote

i have my tantrums and backrolls and working on the whirlybird as we speak. But, i am yet to spin more than a 180... how should i even go upon doing a spin?
ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinning while doing a flip or just spinning in general? Spinning is really easy to spin a FS 360, do a nice progressive edge towards the wake into a W2W jump, then just wait till your in the air (Don't start spinning while on the wake) Keep your board flat so you have a nice platform to spin on then pull the handle to your back hip to start spinning next take your front hand put it in the small of your back (keep rotating by looking over your shoulder) and place the handle in the same place so as you come around you finish the handle pass and can land non-wrapped. Sorry if I explained it weird.
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing 180's a while and just landed my first W2W (HS FS) 360 a few weeks ago. Like ronix14 said, spin after you get off the wake, setting your axis is super important or you'll get pulled over yourself and catch a nasty edge. For a HS FS 360 pull semi-hard to your back hip as you look over AND down over your front shoulder. Looking down helped me lean away from the boat to resist the pull of the line.

The handle pass is the easiest part if you aren't being pulled over the line, i.e. see above. Just let go with your front hand and put it to the small of your back and reach around with your front hand and its there. After you get the handle make sure to keep spinning and keep looking over your shoulder.

The last little trick for me to get my first 360 was to make sure to take my back arm and keep reaching for the line after I'd completed my spin. Until I did that I just had my front hand on the handle coming down and either the handle would get ripped out or I'd get pulled over on landing. By forcing myself to keep my rear hand reaching for the handle I prevented either of those issues and landed as I put my second (rear) hand back on the handle.

Best of luck!

Dusty

mookproductions1

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank guys! I will be out there trying for some HS FS 360's today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: