Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Backroll help!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Backroll help!!! Reply with quote

So I recently learned to backroll, however when i flip i kind of go half way to a roll to revert and start to do a frontflip. What is one easy way to fix this problem. I've tried kicking my feet out more behind me and it helped a little but they still look funny. Any help would be great!
J-Hudd

City: Mt. Juliet

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without getting to technical, I'd say you need to make sure you focus on slamming your back ear to your back shoulder. Maybe you are holding on with two hands during the trick which is fine unless you are allowing your back hand to be pulled by the rope more than your front hand, which would be cause the 180
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a normal back roll you should be holding onto the rope with both hand throughout the trick. A tantrum is a 1 handed trip flip, don't confuse the 2.

J-hudd was right about your problem though. We tend to go where our eyes are looking. I would suggest looking down over your back shoulder when initiating the flip then look back the other way to spot your landing after you've initiated the proper roll.

My buddy was having big problems with this too. I forced him on the trampoline till he got it though.
ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on the trampoline 24/7 and i can spin it good on the trampoline but I'm still flipping funny on the water. I have been keeping 2 hands on the handle but I'll try looking behind then over my shoulder and I heard that it will also help if i pull the handle to my back hip so I'll try all of these suggestions. Also I was spinning going halfway to a backroll to blind. Thank for the help
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going halfway to a roll to revert and halfway to a roll to blind are the EXACT opposite. Which one are you doing? In post 1 you say you're going to a revert and in your 2nd post you say you're going roll to blind. They require the exact opposite motion and placement of the handle.

Any vids? That would help a lot here.

ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I said I was going roll to revert in the first but I meant roll to blind sorry :/
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll to blind is in the handle and the look. Without a vid I can't tell you if your look has anything to do with it, but I'm guessing you are taking your rear hand off the handle. Leave both hands on the handle and keep the handle centers between your hips.

Sounds like you are taking the handle and sticking it to your lead hip with only your front hand on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: