Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Cable Park Tricks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronix14

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Cable Park Tricks? Reply with quote

Hey, so me and some friends just started riding cable park and we absolutely love it! I was wondering though how you do flips and raley's and stuff of off kickers. I saw some guys doing them and really want to learn how. I can do a backroll behind a boat but it seems a lot harder at the cable park. Just any trick tips on backrolls, tantrums, raleys and rail riding would be very much appreciated! I am learning these tricks on kickers however would also like to learn them in the flats. Thanks!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronix14, The best thing to do is to ask the cable operators/other riders. Most people are glad to help and they can offer you great advice while watching you and tell you how to correct your form and what you need to be doing differently to stomp the trick. After a little training on a wakeskate (not necessary, but helpful!) I landed a cable raley 2nd try, and a backroll 3rd or 4th just with some help from the cable operator.

As far as general tips go. Practice, practice, practice. The cable gives you a LOT more time on the water than with a boat, so don't be afraid to fall, you'll get plenty of riding time in even if you spend half of your time there walking back to the dock. Just ride with confidence and trust your skills and you'll be fine. Also, practice riding switch whenever you can on the straightaways and when you're not lining up for a rail or ramp, even just a little bit of practice with this everytime you ride will help a lot.

If you have any more specific questions, ask, it's hard to give general advice since everyone has different habits.
erikneufeld
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backrolls behind the boat feel very similar to a backroll when you load the line at the cable park but for tantrums you will need the kicker and then its just try and try untill you get your timing and launch down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: