Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ts front rolls

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robblack

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: ts front rolls Reply with quote

I want to start working on my front rolls but I don't know exactly how I should start to try them. One of the main questions that I have is if I should just try it wake to wake first or go slower and only do it off one wake? my concern with the latter is that I wont get the proper pop and hang time to rotate the trick correctly. All help is appreciated.
BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake to wake, it's a trip flip trick. So if you where coming in on a edge scale of 7 (out of 10) you would stand tall at the wake, square up (which is kind of like hitting the brakes), putting you at a 4 (out of 10). Make sure you hold that 7 edge to the top of the wake though. It's all about speed with this trick, just like a scarecrow. The key to this trick for me is making sure I have my elbows bent and the handle in front of me between my boobs and belly button. Once you pop, throw you right shoulder (if you are right foot forward, regular stance) drop your back hand off the handle. This will initiate the front flip part and give you more speed for the flip. Iverexaggerate the front flip and make sure you flip harder than you think you have to. Doing this will help you land on your toes and ride away. Trust me on the harder is better, if not you'll slip out and land on your butt (or slap your balls on the water).

No go land that mofo and get some video for us!! Mr. Green
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to take this trick to slower speeds and 1 wake till you get used to the rotation. I'm doing this with back rolls right now and almost w2w at 17 mph. There's plenty of pop there so dont worry about that.

The only reason to do this though is to get a grasp on the spin. The first couple times your able to get your feet on the water take it full speed and w2w it. The good thing about slowing down a bit is the crashes don't hurt.

On the other hand if you're not crashing you're not trying hard enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: