Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

we need public hangings.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbismyname
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Clarksville

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chomo!!!!!
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Nov 13, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman is accused of raping her 10-month-old son, videotaping it and sending it to her Michigan boyfriend.

Ashley N. Jessup, 24, was indicted in Columbus on Thursday on two counts of rape, one count of child endangerment and one count of pandering sexually-oriented material involving a minor.

Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien says the rape charge could land her life in prison.

O'Brien tells The Columbus Dispatch (http://bit.ly/n2XPEK ) that Jessup emailed the videos to her boyfriend in Battle Creek, Mich., where his ex-girlfriend discovered them and contacted police.

Jessup is being held in the Franklin County Correctional Center in lieu of $1 million bond. Court documents do not list an attorney for Jessup.

The newspaper reported that it wasn't immediately clear who has custody of the child.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-mother-charged-raping-infant-son-181918484.html
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No charges for mother who abandoned severely disabled daughter at bar

A mother who drove to a bar in Tennessee and left her severely mentally disabled daughter there before zipping back home to Illinois is not expected to face any charges, police said Wednesday.

Eva Cameron, of Algonquin, Ill., stopped in Caryville, Tenn., on June 28 and left 19-year-old Lynn, whose vocabulary and mental capacity is no more than that of a 3-year-old, at The Big Orange Bar with no money, ID, or other belongings.

"[Lynn] couldn't tell us anything. She couldn't tell us her name," Caryville Police Chief Johnny Jones told msnbc.com on Wednesday. She was physically healthy and showed no signs of abuse, but Jones said Lynn was nervous and "scared to be thrown out at the bar."

"People at the bar said it looked like the door opened and somebody pushed her in," Jones said.

Police plastered Lynn's photo everywhere, hoping someone would be able to identify her. She wasn't a known face in Caryville, a town with a population of about 2,300 people about an hour outside of Knoxville.

In the meantime, not knowing Lynn's age -- investigators estimated she was between 15 and 20 -- the state's department of child services took custody of her.

More than 200 tips were called into Caryville's five-officer police department. On Monday, an Illinois bus driver who used to shuttle kids to a school for children with developmental disabilities contacted officials to say she recognized Lynn.

Police then contacted Eva Cameron, who returned to Caryville on Tuesday to acknowledge abandoning her daughter.

"The mother comes here yesterday and says, 'I don't want her. Do what you want to with her,'" Jones said. "She told my assistant that if the state of Tennessee doesn't want her, she'll be Kentucky's problem."

A hearing held on Tuesday in Campbell County determined no criminal charges were applicable in the case due to the fact that Lynn, despite having a much younger mental capacity, is an adult at 19, and therefore her mother no longer technically has legal guardianship over her. Lynn was handed over to the state of Tennessee; Eva drove back home to Illinois, where she has other children.

Jones said the prosecutor's decision came as a shock.

"We had all planned on charging the mother. Then I checked with the district attorney, and she said she didn't violate any Tennessee laws," he said.

Lynn is now with adult protective services.

"I have not been able to sleep worrying about the girl," he said. "She's in real good care now. That's the only good thing that came out of this: I know she'll be taken care of."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/11/12680925-no-charges-for-mother-who-abandoned-severely-disabled-daughter-at-bar?lite
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, it must be herd caring for a 19 year old baby. Why won't the state of Tennessee take care of her?
Faust
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what she did is obviously wrong, sad, and tragic. But I sympathize as well... my mom will probably be living with my youngest brother for near the rest of her life to take care of him, and the guy she is dating has to live with his youngest son the rest of his life to take care of him..... it's a rough and stressful life that takes a lot out of you
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see how hard it would be, but that doesn't excuse dropping her off at a bar and hauling ass. drop her off at a church, or the local mhmr site, or social services, but a bar? in a different state? c'mon...
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't excuse what she did, but it does make me wonder what she was talking about with that Tennessee comment, and if she was having trouble getting help.

I think that sometimes, there are people that we should all chip in to care for, people that need more caretaking than their relative can provide. Does this not happen in Tenn?

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameraboy - It probably does, but she may not have gone about it the right way. If she just showed up to a hospital and said, here, take her, that would not have worked. She would have to go to the state and make her a ward of the state and give up all rights to her. It's not an easy process.

That said, this woman is a crap mother and should be ashamed of herself. Difficulties or being ignorant of the process is no excuse to treat your own child this way.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're making a lot of assumptions, but I guess it doesn't matter.

We can say she's a crap mother.

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I am. I know a little bit about people becoming a ward of the state here in Texas. I do not know TN laws or how it works there, but I am pretty sure you sign over most rights of the person to the state.
Tracktor
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraboy wrote:
No, it doesn't excuse what she did, but it does make me wonder what she was talking about with that Tennessee comment, and if she was having trouble getting help.

I think that sometimes, there are people that we should all chip in to care for, people that need more caretaking than their relative can provide. Does this not happen in Tenn?

Well, back in the day that is what your local church was for. Now we live in a society where it is everyone for themselves and if you need help go look to the government. Like or dislike organized religion, before it got turned into a business, it played a vital role in peoples lives................
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might be romanticizing a little bit.

I'm also not sure when you think religion was not a business, perhaps you are romanticizing a little bit there too.

Many religions still do a LOT of community work though, for sure.

This idea that if there wasn't a government, people and religions would just fill in that vacuum, I'm not so sure of.

Tracktor
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraboy wrote:
I think you might be romanticizing a little bit.

I'm also not sure when you think religion was not a business, perhaps you are romanticizing a little bit there too.

Many religions still do a LOT of community work though, for sure.

This idea that if there wasn't a government, people and religions would just fill in that vacuum, I'm not so sure of.

Substitute church with grange/community but leave the "local". Church was generally the place where people congregated on a regular basis in the past(100+ years ago). Big difference between a local church & big organized religion, BTW..........................Nowhere did I say if government pulled out of the societal babysitting business people & religion would step in? Quite the opposite, we are an "each to their own" society now and probably the only thing that would change that would some type of major catastrophe..........
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, like some kids harassing an old lady on a schoolbus.
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/07/12620875-baby-dies-toddler-hospitalized-after-being-left-in-cars-in-indiana

makes me sick, a public hanging wouldnt do, maybe a public slow roasted bake for this horrible person
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Westboro Baptist Crazies are coming to my town to protest a funeral of a young man who died serving for our country. To bad we can't hang all of those Bubb Rubb.

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather use the term 'gene pool culling' instead of hanging. Smile
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stories like all of these just break my heart. It's disgusting and disturbing how people can do these sorts of things to children. It makes me really sad too because having a child is what I want most right now, and it seems to be the most unattainable/frustrating/upsetting thing... and to think that these people were lucky enough to have a child but then turned around and treated them that way. It's just terrible.
finkle
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure everyone has already heard about the aurora Colorado shooting. What a terrible tragedy! In this case, I completely disagree with the 8th amendment for case. The dude should be tortured for the remainder of his existence.
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a pretty bad shooting in toronto on monday night too: http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idCABRE86G07R20120717

There's been a shooting in the city almost every day this week - it's insane.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_girl, 28 for the year for Toronto. That's impressive. Stockton, CA (a notorious sh*thole) was well past that number by June 30. Stockton is 1/10 the size of Toronto. Shocked

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Moore told everyone that Canadians don't use guns for violence. Confused
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess this will put gun violence right back in the spotlight for the election cycle.

I was told the other day by an aquaintence that ammo and gun sales are cycling up similar to post 08 election.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the shootings in toronto have any common thread? I mean, is there a drug war underway, or a fight between two gangs, or anything like that?
Faust
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto has 2.6 million people... I'm almost shocked there are only 28 murders for the year.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust, that was my point. That is a heck of an impressive number.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraboy wrote:
Do the shootings in toronto have any common thread? I mean, is there a drug war underway, or a fight between two gangs, or anything like that?

I would imagine it's all gang related, judging by the sorts of people that seem to be involved and where it's all occurred.

fwiw - it's actually 21 shootings this year in Toronto, a total of 30 homicides, according to the toronto police website: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/statistics/ytd_stats.php

Apparently Toronto only had 14 shootings in all of 2011 though, so the number is already much higher this year and it's only July.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what is going on this year that makes it so?
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know really - I mean, there's a lot of people here not too happy about the gov't, and the mayor of Toronto is a Bubb Rubbing idiot, but I kind of doubt that it has anything to do with that. They haven't said much on the news and I don't know anyone in any of the gang scenes... or any sort of major criminal-activity-related scene for that matter.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, local journalist would hunt these things down. Now they just read stuff from AP newsfeeds and PR press packets.
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Elizabeth Escalona, Texas mom who glued toddler's hands to wall after brutal beating, sentenced to 99 years in prison

(CBS/AP) DALLAS - Elizabeth Escalona, a Dallas mother, has been sentenced to 99 years in prison for beating her two-year-old daughter and gluing the child's hands to a wall.

Escalona faced from probation to life in prison, with prosecutors seeking 45 years behind bars. A state district judge decided her sentence Friday.

Police say Escalona attacked two-year-old Jocelyn Cedillo because of potty training problems. The 23-year-old pleaded guilty in July to felony injury to a child.

Police records show Escalona's other children told authorities she kicked Jocelyn in the stomach and hit her with a jug in September 2011. They said Escalona glued Jocelyn's hands to the wall with a type of strong adhesive known as super glue.

Jocelyn suffered bleeding in her brain, multiple bruises and was in a coma for a couple of days.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57531402-504083/elizabeth-escalona-texas-mom-who-glued-toddlers-hands-to-wall-after-brutal-beating-sentenced-to-99-years-in-prison/?tag=cbsnewsHardNewsFDArea;fdmodule
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lane, 18, pleaded guilty last month to all charges against him in the Feb. 27, 2012, shootings, in which he opened fire on a cafeteria table full of students in the rural community of Chardon.

Quote:
Lane has not given a motive for the shootings, which rocked the tiny town 30 miles outside Cleveland. He gave only a short, defiant statement in the courtroom on Tuesday: "This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. F--- all of you."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/19/17370830-ohio-school-shooter-wearing-killer-t-shirt-sentenced-to-life-in-prison?lite
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jt, I read that earlier today.... Made me a bit sick to my stomach.... For everyone involved, both sides, save for the killer. I never want to judge what family who have lost loved ones react in such situations, as whatever they need to say, they should be able to say, but I wonder if their comments are exactly what that kid wanted to hear...he wants to be loathed by them, he wants to be a monster. I hope they can find peace...

Add...not sure what rights a defendant has @ sentencing related to this, but I am surprised the Judge let him put on that show.... Confused
brew
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Jackson

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect reason for the death penalty. Too bad it couldn't be / wasn't used in this case. Hopefully somone makes him their bitch for the rest of his life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Add To Favorites

Jump to: