Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

debating between 2 boards..... help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BakerFX4

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: debating between 2 boards..... help? Reply with quote

I recently bought a cheap board and learned to ride. The bindings suck and hurt my feet too. Its extremely heavy too... With it, i did learn to ride and manage to jump the wakes. Now im ready to move on to another board...

Im debating between a Hyperlite Premier DNA 140 with byerly bindings and a Ronix Mana (one with the white on the end of the board) with Ronix bindings. Im leaning more toward the Ronix after some reviews but seems people like that hyperlite board too.

Out of the 2 boards, which will be better for getting more pop and landings smoother? Im 6', 175-180 pounds BTW.

Thanks for any help fella's.
cubbies017
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bloomfield Hills

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the Ronix board. I haven't tried the specific boards you are talking about but I have used both brands and the Ronix seemed to fit me the best.
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, more pop and smoother landings are mutually exclusive.

3-stage rocker gets more pop but lands way harder, especially in the flats.
Smooth core gets a less pop and is a lot more forgiving on landings.
In the middle you will find Hybrid cores or Blended Rocker cores, which is what I ride. Middle ground board between 3-stage and smooth.

140 is a little large for you. I'm 6'2" and 185 pounds and I ride a 54" i.e. a 137. My 220 pound buddy rides a 140.

Finally, its impossible to recommend which board is best for YOU. Like food, drinks, women, and cars...what is best for me may not be best for you. Try to buy from a place that will let you ride a loaner board for a weekend, and ride a few boards over a few weekends. Then you can understand the differences for yourself and pick what is best for you, not best for the guy trying to clear something off his shelf.

Best of luck,

Dusty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: