Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Krypt HCLD speakers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gx205
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Krypt HCLD speakers? Reply with quote

Anyone have any info on the Krypt HCLD tower speakers? How do they sound, and how far back can you really hear the music.

Thanks
gx205
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I'll just have to answer my own question. I ordered a pair of them, and just hooked them up to my tower. I originally had four Polk speakers on the tower, so I took two of them out of the cans and installed the two Krypt speakers.

Then I just unhooked the other two Polks, so I would only be powering the Krypts. The Krypt"s are amazing! I have my boat backed up right in front of my garage, so basically the speakers are only roughly 12-14 feet from the garage.

I turned the music on, walked Behind my garage to the end of my backyard which is roughly 125', and you could hear the music as plain as if you were holding a radio right in front of you. I walked on into my neighbor's backyard another good 60' or so, and you could still hear everything fine.

Next up is the lake out on open waters, we ought to be rockin" Laughing
bobwire
Criminal
Criminal

City: Melbourne

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that. I bought a pair also with pivoting cans. I cant wait to hook them up.
sawyer1206

City: Angleton

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone else is wondering about these speakers, I have had 4 of them on my tower for about 4 months now with Kicker amps pushing 100 watts RMS to them. They sound great cranked up for the rider and not too loud for the passengers as long as they stay in front of the speakers.
bulletlines

City: New Braunfels

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Glad to hear you are happy with the Krypt HLCD Speakers Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are happy with the Krypt HLCD Speakers. I highly recommend you power these speakers correctly at a bare minmum of 150 watts per speaker: It is easier to blow a speaker under powering it, than overpowering it.

Mid this month we will have a end of season blowout on our HLCD speakers, Class H Amps, and our dual area EQ. You cannot purchase a class H amp or let alone any amp that will push a HLCD speaker for the blowout price: the amp will push 265 watts to each speaker in bridge mode really waking these things up, and our EQ will be a huge upgrade to a stereo: Our EQ gives you independent volume and frequency control between in boat, sub, and tower speakers, it has 2 different MP3 inputs, and it is a line driver, so it will cleanup sound quality.

6.5" HLCD Speaker - $225.00 per pair
Krypt KMA125.4 - $250.00
Krypt KMA4200 EQ - $120.00

You will have a $1500.00 pro audio HLCD stereo system for $600.00.

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
http://www.bulletlines.com
_fng_

City: NB

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been checking the website (bulletlines.com) daily cause I'm definitely going to buy a pair of these if they're $225/pair but the price listed is 375. Do I just need to wait longer or was there a change in price? Also, since I'm close (new braunfels) could I just pick them up versus having them shipped?

Thanks,
Nick
sawyer1206

City: Angleton

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a new boat and I just bougtht 4 more for the new boat. AWESOME SPEAKERS!!
mschmidt9461

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have tried some Polk and Kicker 6.5" on my tower and cannot turn the gain up on my Kicker MX700.5 enough to allow boarders to hear them clearly. They tend to distort. Don't get me wrong they are loud an clear, just not enough. Thoughts on dropping in a set of these Krypt HLCD's... my amp was rated higher on paper and does give 85 RMS to each at 2ohms. I don't want to change the amp or add another. Worth a try?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: