Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

hs blind 180

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: hs blind 180 Reply with quote

Got any pointers for it. Trying to get some video this weekend. Basically it doesn't feel like I get the handle low enough to ride cuffed or pass the handle on a w2w attempt. I work on surface hs blind 1's and can ride cuffed that way. Having a hard time transitioning that into a w2w attempt. Seems like I land on the board just fine and feel like I could ride away from it but the handle just isn't in the right spot. Knock on wood no nasty falls yet. So without video any things you guys/gals tried that made it click for you?
DeloBoarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'm actually working on the same thing right now either with a handle pass or landing blind. I started out with the surface spins and then moved on to ollies. After a few tedious sets, I've got ollie BS 1's regular, switch, with a handle pass, and landing blind. I think this might help you some. Like I said, I've got to try them wake-to-wake still, but after many many failed attempts in the past and going back to actually learn the ollies, I think this should help. I know I used to feel like riding blind was really difficult, but now I can land an ollie to blind and it's really natural. Best of luck to you!
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the surface ones down. Then an inside out on the surface going over the wake. Felt like I had the motion down pat. Took it w2w and I couldn't keep the handle in close enough. Kind of felt like I wasn't over my toes enough on the landing. Went back to surface ones. Then yesterday started doing outside ins at a slow speed. Got the handle on the pass a couple of times but still not over my toes enough. Did get really close the last couple of attempts. Hope I get it next time out.
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start at the wake on the outside in the trough and concentrate on making one smooth edge out to set up for a nice swing back in to set up a good rhythm for this trick. If you mess up on the edge out go back to the wake and start over.
After edging out about three-quarters of the way out come off edge quickly to coast flat on the board. Sit down into a seated edging position to set up for an Ollie Edge approach.
The natural pull of the boat should start the edge back in so don’t force the nose of the board back toward the wake or it will cause you to go flat before the wake which will mess up your axis.
As you approach keep the mind-set that your are just doing a nice wake jump. If you think backside 180 you will probably start the spin too early.
At the wake stand tall evenly while maintaining the edge built by the boat. Take the jump high to the peak before starting the spin.
Once you reach the peak of the jump drop your back hand, move the handle to the left (for a regular footed rider) and spin the board first. Don’t lead with your head or you will over rotate. Let your head drag behind the rotation so you can stop it looking back while the board finishes the backside 180.
As you fall toward the landing spot the white wash of the wake trailing away from the boat. This is where you should look when you land. Before hitting the water try to get the handle as close to your lead hip as possible so the boat will pull you from the lead hip if there is any tension.
As your feet and board hit the water bend your knees a bit but land firm to absorb the impact. Allow your upper body to bend over to also absorb impact and bending at the waist will also put you in a good position to resist the boat’s pull as you ride out of the trick.
Once you have landed get your other hand on the handle to ride cuffed and keep your head looking away from the boat. Once control is established you can release your other hand and bring your head around slowly toward the boat. Try to continue slow movement away from the wakes to finish the trick smoothly.

Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i worked on these things for about 30 minutes today, the whole leading with your board not your head.....freakin' A don't ever lead with your head, just saying, i did land a one wake blind 1 today very cleanly, couldn't follow it up with another one though, kept having issues riding cuffed on the landing, so i went to practice just riding cuffed instead of pounding my body against the water some more, riding cuffed is hard to get a good feel for it, keeps trying to pull me over my heel edge, got any advice for getting more used to it other than just riding cuffed some more? reminding me to use the ollie edge helped me get much closer on all the attempts, so thanks for that
DeloBoarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I ride cuffed, I try and make sure I pull the handle in to the small of my back. Bend at the waist just a little and look back away from the boat. Keep on practicing, and it will get easier!
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe that's my problem, i'm not looking back far enough
DeloBoarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely will help to look back away from the boat. Try your surface spins this way, and then try ollies/inside out or 1 wake variations of the trick and land this way. I always had problems falling back on my heel edge when I looked down or overrotating and spinning on around upon landing to a 360 when I kept looking over my shoulder towards the boat.
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeloBoarder wrote:
It definitely will help to look back away from the boat. Try your surface spins this way, and then try ollies/inside out or 1 wake variations of the trick and land this way. I always had problems falling back on my heel edge when I looked down or overrotating and spinning on around upon landing to a 360 when I kept looking over my shoulder towards the boat.

yep, caught a hell of a bell ringer by not quite accidentally spinning it to 3, my melon asked that i not do that again, i've been working on the ollies, surface, inside outs, outside ins. Getting a lot more comfortable. Shouldn't be long now.

DeloBoarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I just last week got my inside outs dialed regular and came SOOOOO close to landing them switch, so I'm on the path as well. Keep posting your progress!
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been off the water for almost 2.5 weeks now, sick right now so hopefully i post sunday night that i started nailing them sunday afternoon, have been practicing on the trampoline though
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a 3 week layoff rusty is a kind way to describe the riding yesterday, missed the handle on a couple of w2w b1s, so i just backed up and worked on surface b1s inside the wake, traveling across the inside, and out in the flats, hit a few ollie b1s, rode cuffed a little and had to call it a day, i feel the spin and handle placement, keeping the handle in tight to my lower back, just gotta put it together w2w now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: