Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

backrolls going a bit revert. tips?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pateaux

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: backrolls going a bit revert. tips? Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYV22ZqiTxo

My latest few attempts at the backroll look just like this. Im very consistent at landing on my face every time right now. Might be hard to tell in the video, but I do have both hands on the handle. I feel like I could take this thing to revert easier than I can land a regular backroll. However, I would like to progress correctly, and build some kind of control and consistency.

What do you guys think? Too long of a cut? not progressive enough? Eyes looking to shore, bringing my head/shoulders/hips with them?
Goosage

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good way to be sure you're not rotating while in the air is to keep the handle pinned to your lead hip, The boat won't pull you sideways that way as long as you keep it there
BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also looks like you let go with your lead hand (right hand), leaving all the pull to the left hand which will make your go revert... Or for me it does.
pateaux

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.

Getting closer now.
http://youtu.be/oRntmb0j7Kg

Keep slipping out on my heels. Im having a hard time seeing the landing coming. Maybe becuase Ive not really done too many sports that required me to rotate quickly in the air and remain oriented.

Really digging this invert thing tho. Im ready to check this one off so I can move on to more inverts!!
b33nine
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be backing off a little bit at the top of the wake and trying to throw it around. You should think about edging up and all the way through the wake so you almost trying to push your rear foot parallel with your lead foot through the wake. You should be edging pretty aggressively through the wake and letting that edge initiate the flip, not getting to the top and trying to huck it around.

You're super close but you're under rotating it a hair.
DownNout87

City: Mississauga

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just landed my first 2 backrolls in a row this morning after only 3 attempts and this is what I concentrated on:

*Edge out as far as you can away from the wake (you seem to be doing that)
*Take a progressive edge towards the wake...start slow and gradually increase your edge (you're attacking the wake from like 15 feet out)
At the top of the wake, dip your head/back shoulder towards the tail end of the board
Keep the handle close to your body and hold on with 2 hands (that's important)
Try and suck up your knees to help the spin
Try and spot the landing and ride away!

From watching the video, it appears the only thing you're not doing correctly is the progressive edge. Give that a shot.

What speed is the boat at?

Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem my buddy was having with his backrolls was a really simple fix. When he would initiate the roll he would look sharply over his right(lead) shoulder. Looking this way makes the body want to spin a bit.

Next time you're out try to look back over you're back shoulder and down at the back of your board, then mid spin turn back around and spot your landing. I think that should clean up your revert.
pateaux

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Been riding at 22mph at 60' to learn the trick. I actually havent been able to get back out thanks to some boat issues. Soon Ill post my "Landed it!!" vid Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: