Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wetsounds Syn 4 Clipping Out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
browneye253
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Wetsounds Syn 4 Clipping Out Reply with quote

I'm running a SYN 4 which is pushing 4 XS-650's on the front channel and a pair of Kicker KMT6 towers on the rear channel. I'm also running a WS-420 and went through the procedure to tune the system. I tuned the system at 40 on the head-unit with 50 being it's max volume. When I turn the system up to about 34 while underway the towers and in boats would shut off. This only seems to occur while the boat is started. The amp is running on a separate battery that does not receive any charge from the alternator so the voltage to the system stays in the 12.4 range with the boat running or stopped.

Is this just me having the gains to high which they are both only slightly passed half way for both front and rear. I get no distortion from any of the speakers at the current range. I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right direction on something I might have overlooked.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the amp when this happens. Is it going into a protect mode or actually completely shutting down then coming back up?
browneye253
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give a follow up to this in case it helps anybody else down the road. I was finally able to get some time to troubleshoot this and the Syn 4 was throwing a short code. I disconnected the speakers one channel at a time and found it was one of my tower speakers. I haven't been able to troubleshoot if it's the speaker or the speaker wire shorted when I ran the wire.

For now I have that speaker disconnected and haven't had a single issue. Finally seeing the true potential that's been sitting dormant because I couldn't turn up the stereo.

Thanks for the tips Okie.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. I messed with mine and tried connecting up new speaker wire and mine still cuts out (Kicker ZX450.2). I turned the gain down to a little above 50% and it stopped cutting off. My protection light comes on when it cuts out. I can't quite figure it out...maybe the summer heat is making it more sensitive. I dunno. I'm gonna run mine with the lower gain for a while and see how it does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: