Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Newbie Tower Speaker Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
17driver

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Newbie Tower Speaker Question Reply with quote

Let me start off by saying that I am brand new to wakeboarding/boating and have never heard any tower speakers of any type. I am about to buy either the aerial airborne tower or either the big air vapor tower to put on my 2007 Sea Ray 195. My question is about the polk speakers with the airborne and the kicker speakers with the big air vapor. Can you hear just 2 of them while you are wakeboarding with a descent amp. What about 4 of them. I know wetsounds are the best but are not an option right now for me so I am going to have to go will something a little less expensive. Can you hear 2 HLCD speakers better than the 4 non HLCD speakers that I can get with the tower? I can get 4 of the non HLCD's for about 500 bucks and if you can hear them while you are riding that seems like the best option for me. I am not trying to win any speaker competitions but at the same time I dont want to spend 500 bucks and not even be able to hear them. Also does anyone know the difference in the two towers or are they the same tower just sold by different companies. Thanks in advance.
TurboFan

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only aftrrmarket tower ive installed is a monster, so i cant help you there. On the speakers, go HLCD. 2 hlcd are better than 6 coaxial. The coaxial speakers are designed for confined listening enviroments, and broadcast the sound over a broad area. HLCD is the type of speaker used in outdoor or open-area applications where you are focusing the sound on a general target (like a rider behind a boat). You cant hang and power enough coax speakers to do what a pair or two of hlcd's can accomplish.
OperationROL
Criminal
Criminal

City: Rockford

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, those towers are the same, along with the TL towers. It looks like they all get there hardware from DIYWake (http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=74&cat=Hardware) and bend the lower arm slightly differnent from each other. I have the TL and love it. Go for any of them.
17driver

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I saw a tower that looks like that on the DIY wake website but now it is gone. It was named the Pro Air or something like that. I guess I will start looking into a pair of HLCD's and go from there. Hopefully I can find some at a reasonable price. I just cant drop 1000 bucks right now on just the speakers. Or I may just wait until I can. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: