Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Slider width / top material / incline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craZywakeboardererer
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 18, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Slider width / top material / incline Reply with quote

So this has probably been posted a long time ago, but i want to get some up-to-date answers. What width of slider does everyone prefer and why? I know a narrow one will give a more rail-like feel, while a wider slider will be easier to hit and give more chance to press. This has probably been beat to death... but what top material is best? What are cable parks using nowadays anyway? Finally, who prefers some incline and who likes an all flat slider? Just interested to hear everyone's opinions!

I will build a slider this summer... I will build a slider this summer... I will build a slider this summer...

...brand loyalty haha
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: May 18, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important thing is to make what's fun for you. Wide is easy for beginners but much more difficult to make mobile if you'll be moving it a lot. Wide rails are also much easier to make float vs narrow rails which will need a wide frame put on them to float em. A narrow rail is awesome for shallower water if you can put posts directly in to the lake bottom.

Don't make anything less than 20ft long or it won't even be worth-while, you'll be off of it before you realize you're sliding.

Top material, you can use Trex deck boards. Just make sure you get them wet first. They're a little expensive but are very durable and will last a long time. Some places use hockey 'puck board', basically the stuff ice skating rink boards are made of but I think it's expensive and harder to come by. Trex can be bought at any home improvement store; it's kind of the standard for home rails. PVC pipes work pretty well too.

My perfect rail thats reasonable to build? A 40ft. Flatbar, two trex boards wide. Never underestimate the flat bar, great for wakeboarding, wakeskating, presses, just about anything you could want to do. (Incline rails can double as sort of a ramp and can be a lot of fun too though, but day-in-day-out I like flatbars). I also REALLY like rooftops but they're a little more complicated to build (but not that bad).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: