Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

DIY tower tubing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knights3313

City: Omaha

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: DIY tower tubing? Reply with quote

I am looking to make a wakeboard tower for my 18 ft. '82 larson. Two things I am concerned about: what type of aluminum tubing to use and structural integrity of the tower. I know the monster towers use 6063 T-52 and that is what I'm leaning towards but I wanted to know what other people have used so I don't cheap out and get something that is going to break once I get out on the water and most likely wipeout. The structural question is mainly about how the hull of the boat holds up to the force put on it by the tower. I've seen a few ideas on the forums about how to solve that with good brackets but haven't seen much feedback on how the hulls have held up. The more ideas the better! Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: