Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Teak Platform Build - '08 210 SANTE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Teak Platform Build - '08 210 SANTE Reply with quote

To start off, I'm am no master wood builder, nor never claimed to be one and neither are my brother or father, but I will stay I am patting my fathers, brothers and my own back for this build so far.

So to be honest, I have never liked the new SANTE platform. You are either taking it back every year to get those dang sano pads replaced or dealing with the edges of those sano pads cutting your knees and hands up. So this year we decided to put our heads together and build a platform out of teak. I have always loved teak platforms since the days of our older 80's model 2001 Ski Nautique.

Here is a list of items used;
3 count 12" wide x 4" thick x 6' long pieces of teak.
4 count 12" wide, 1" thick x 7’ long thin pieces of teak.
Plainer, jig saw, table saw, coring bits from a press and some brown paper to draw on. Probably some other odds and ins, but you get the drift on the tools needed.
We bought a good bit extra incase we made a mistake, since there is going to be a lot of details in this platform.

I will do a little bit more detailed write up later on, but for now here is what’s going on since it is not finished. We basically took the design from the original platform, sketched it out and then adjusted a few things around.
See pictures attached:

The last picture attached is not the final look, the final look the pieces running from the middle circle to the outer edges will be the same level, or sank in. The lines running north and south (look at the boat from the rear) will have a black interlay in the grooves and around the boarder. Remember, it will all be one level, so do not let the pictures fool you by thinking that middle or the rings will be sticking up higher than the flat area.

Please, by all means, tell me what you think. Any comments or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it...looking good so far. I would love to go teak and go a little bigger. Keep posting progress and pictures.
mastercard

City: Carthage/Tyler

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mastercard

City: Carthage/Tyler

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chawk610
Addict
Addict

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice work!!! I am sure yall are being really careful with cuts, I know how $$$$ teak is!
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, but are you going to leave those raised pieces on the top? Seems like people might trip over them or it would be hard to stand with your board on..
boardordie
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Piqua/Ohio

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Teak Platform Build - '08 210 SANTE Reply with quote

Wakebrad
BrianABE wrote:

The last picture attached is not the final look, the final look the pieces running from the middle circle to the outer edges will be the same level, or sank in. The lines running north and south (look at the boat from the rear) will have a black interlay in the grooves and around the boarder. Remember, it will all be one level, so do not let the pictures fool you by thinking that middle or the rings will be sticking up higher than the flat area.
pat8839
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever get this completed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: