Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Board help pls...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejoe

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Board help pls... Reply with quote

I had my first session today at our new cable park down here in Houston. I come from kiteboarding and the park is perfect for our no wind summers. I'm a heavy 180 at 5'5" I'm looking at getting a Slingshot Reflex 137. Questions I have are is it too small for my weight, and will the new fast track work with my Ronix bindings?
3MileBayWaker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Syracuse, NY

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be on the small side for your weight by manufacturer, but when it comes down to it... its what you feel the most comfortable on. Since your sort of short it would probably work just fine. I'm 200 and 6'3... and ride a 142. All the boards I've tried have been a 142, but would love to try a 140 or 138 just to see how they would handle.

My snowboard is undersized for my weight and height, I ride a 160W on that and am suggested for a 164-166cm. I feel that is just too big.

2009 Liquid Force Trip 142/ 2008 CWB Answer
wtwdevil
Criminal
Criminal

City: Pensacola/Deland

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That size board should be good for you, I'm 6' 185lbs and I ride a 137. As for the bindings they should fit the reflex has a lot of mounting hole that should accommodate those bindings.
thejoe

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. I went with the 141 in the end. If the conditions are right I can use it with a kite. I doubt I could do that with the 137. It really is a sick ass board. Road it yesterday at the cable. Was lots of fun just need to get good behind a cable now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: