Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Rubber Grip on board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Wak
Criminal
Criminal

City: Murfreesboro

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Rubber Grip on board Reply with quote

I've got a LF Faction not sure which year it is, but it has rubber grip on top and I feel like I've seen using boards actual grip tape.

Whats the difference?

I'm not a big fan of the rubber grip so I'm considering striping it off and throwing on some grip tape. My only concern is if the change in grip will change the weight displacement dramatically.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a matter of personal preference really. Most people prefer griptape because it feels more like a skateboard on the water and arguably gives you a little better control. I've ridden both but griptape by far feels better under my feet. In my opinion, foam has kind of stuck around for those who casually enter the sport and ride without shoes; it makes for a good board to have on the boat for the end of a day of wakeboarding and everyone can hop on regardless if they have shoes for it or not. Not a lot of people who seriously ride use foam, but there are a few who still do. It really comes down to what you like to ride.

You'll have no problems replacing the foam with grip. Just use a hair-dryer to heat up the foam until the glue starts to melt and peel off slowly. Clean the remaining glue the best you can and then stick the tape on like you would a skateboard. You'll probably need to get 2-3 sheets of regular skateboard griptape at your local skate shop to cover the whole thing.
J Wak
Criminal
Criminal

City: Murfreesboro

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good I'll reconsider stripping it first.

Thanks for the awesome info.
cubbies017
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bloomfield Hills

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally prefer grip tape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: