Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

My Boat - 1990 Bayliner Capri

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obsessed
Criminal
Criminal

City: Bahrain

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: My Boat - 1990 Bayliner Capri Reply with quote

Hey guys, new to the forums and quite new to wakeboarding and am enjoying reading about other peoples setups and learning off it all.

Ill post up some pics a bit later, but just to share heres what I ride behind.

1990 Bayliner Capri with a 200hp yamaha outboard engine.
My dad bought the boat for about $2000 over 15 years ago, it got used very little, and then sat in a warehouse for over 10 years! I pulled it out of there and threw about another $3000 into fixing it up and putting another engine on.

I currently have about 150 pounds of permanent sand ballast up front.
And a Aerial 5.5 (550 pound) bag in the ski locker which fills up most of the way.
I built myself a pylon similar to what the Insanity Pylons look like which I can take down easily, and put it up at about 9ft. I made it so its adjustable. I might post up how I made this in the DIY section as it works really well and cost under $60.

I have problems with keeping at a constant speed for wakeboarding, mainly because the engine is too powerfull I believe. The boat is rated for a 150hp, but I threw a 200hp on there just because it was available.
I put on a hydrofoil and added that weight up front to to help it plane sooner, it has helped, but still very difficult to get to the right speed where you can leave the throttle control alone.

The other problem with the boat is the lack of storage space, the ski locker is the only big enough space to keep to have additional weight, any more weight will have to sit out on deck and get in the way.

Ive just ordered myself
a high 5 propeller to help with the speed control
another 550 pound ballast bag for a hopefully bigger wake
some ballast quick connects for the tsunami pump to make it easier to fill the bags.
A new 35mph speedometer to hopefully make reading the speed a bit more accurate. It wont show the top speed of about 40mph, but I hardly ever go that fast anyway.

Ill probably be sticking with this boat for some time before I can afford a nice wake boat. The wake isn't great, but hopefully more ballast will help with that, Im happy with it for now anyway.
Anyone had any experience with this boat? Or have any suggestions?
chawk610
Addict
Addict

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post pics!!! As for storage, I removed the rear bench from my boat and are building a sundeck / storage locker as I had NO room on my boat either. Got the idea from another forum member. It also gave me a place to mount 2 more speakers!!! Smile I wake board off a Ski Pylon... it's great!
Obsessed
Criminal
Criminal

City: Bahrain

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres some pics of the wake on a bit of a choppy day. Nothing impressive I know, hopefully it improves with more weight.
Ill get some pictures of the boat and pylon up soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: