Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

south Padre Island kiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: south Padre Island kiting Reply with quote

Got back from Playa last month kiteboarding and I'm looking for my next trip

heading to SOUth padre Island in April thinking 15th to the 22nd but haven't booked my tickets yet.

Heading with down with the wife and a friend. Maybe a couple of others...

best way to get there? South West flies super cheap flights to Harlingen, is there any other place that flies into there other than Houston?

Also, anyone have a heads up on a place to rent for a week? We'd like a house that's ocean front or right next to the ocean. SOmething that sleeps 10ish.
Thanks in advance

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas is the cheaper route. SW does harlingen cheap, and American does McAllen on the cheap on occasion. SW will also do brownsville cheap, jsut have to watch the sites.

April is gonna be a premium to get a house if you can even find one. It is THE spring break destination for all of the south. SPI is fun to hit Jan-Mar as it is a ghost town, mid 70's, windy, and can wear trunks.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said in my email. getting from houston to harlingen was cheap on South West. The issue was flying from Calgary to Houston, cheapest flight was around 800 bucks round trip.

I booked Cuba whilch looks amazing. Basically 1400 bucks a person all in during our spring break which is pretty cheap for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NtNvbUd4kU

if you search Caya guillermo is a small island off the mainland of Cuba where the cubans build a 20 km land bridge to get to. Very secluded with about 5 resorts on the island. We are staying at the Sol caya Guillermo where we can kite right off the beach 30 seconds from our room. A bunch of the people i went to mexico with in December were there last year. Crystal clear waters knee to waist deep for 2 miles till you get to the reef.

Can`t wait if anyone is interested there will be 4-5 kiters going for sure March 30- arpil 6th.

AirPadre

City: South Padre Island

PostPosted: Mar 16, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Padre Island, Texas is one of the best places in the USA to kite/ learn to kite! We would love to see you guys here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: