Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

butterslide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulslider
Criminal
Criminal

City: Maine

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: butterslide Reply with quote

any specific pointers on doing a butterslide? I want that to be one of my first tricks, the help is much appreciated thanx! Very Happy
TravelJunkie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm interested in trying one but i dont even know where to start. surface tricks are the ones that apeal to me the most right now. i realy want to learn board controll before i progress to other tricks.
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drift in towards the wake on your toeside. At this point you're going to do a very little hop onto the lip of the wake, kicking your back foot around so the board is sideways and bringing the handle to a neutral/center position. Stay low, keep your knees bent/soft, and your toes up a little bit to avoid the face plant. Don't pull in too much on the handle or lift it up or else you'll slip out.

You can practice that position and surface 180's when you first get up. Keep the board sideways a bit longer and just butterslide. Then all you have to do is shift the handle from one hip to the other to do the 180. To make it less scary, just have the driver go slower (12-14 mph).
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just learned this one last week. Keep your weight off of your toes, that's all I can say. I had 2 of the worst faceplants in my life last week. Going slower might have helped, but I don't know ... Rolling Eyes
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterslides are a lot of fun. I suggest taking the fins off your board when you are learning to slide around. Then once you get the feel for it, put them back on.
JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the wake is clean when you try it. Also make sure you don't have massive fins, it's much eaiser with a looser board. It is also much easier on your ts wake. Keep the handle at your hip, approach the wake slowly and just turn your board 90 degrees at the top and lean back a bit. Butterslides are awsome, they feel cool. Once you get a fs butterslide down try a bs, coming from the inside of the wake. Oh yea, and there much easier with one hand.
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backslides are cool too. I just started doing those and got the hand of them. They look and feel cool. Plus, that spray is really nice on a long set when it is hot out. If you try a backslide, make sure to keep your knees bent and shift your weight to your toes. Once you can get those down, then go for the handle pass and do a complete spin. Smile
Lindsay
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: NYC

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backslides are the next step for me. Good call on riding finless, P-Chick.
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lindsay. Backslides are my favorite trick to do now. I went riding with a guy and his girlfriend about a month ago. She busted out with a backslide and I was in awe. I asked her to teach me and landed them on the next run I took. I was so stoked. Now I do them all the time. Smile

Just one word of advice about riding finless......ride finless on a smaller wake. I notice that if I ride without fins on a big wake, my board slips out from me when I do w2w jumps. Just ride finless to do the slides and to gain better stability on your board in general. If you are going for the jumps and grabs, put the fins back on.
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i learned the backside slide first. i figured that if i fell i would land on my back and not my face.

Premier135Chick, ride up the wake to jump, then ride away and stay on edge. if you stay on edge and ride away from your tricks you wont slide out. remember also to keep your weight balanced (dont lean too far away from the boat or too much on your back foot). you dont need the fins.
are you doin the backside 180s that you just mentioned?

silver girl
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: England

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look on wake tricks
Premier135Chick

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottA-I do the backslide 180's on occasion. I went for it on Sunday afternoon and fell on the back of my head. It was my first time seeing stars. I was dazed for a few but managed to get it together to continue on with my run. My friends told me that I need to keep my arms straight. I guess I bend my arms and pull the rope in which makes me off balance and causes me to fall. So I am working on that.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: