Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

tower for cobalt 220

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plumb crazy

City: Altus

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: tower for cobalt 220 Reply with quote

I am thinking about a elevation tower for my cobalt.Does anybody have feedback on this tower,or anyother tower that looks good on this boat ,Thanks
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one? They basically sell the exact same towers stacks of others sell (Off the shelf Chinese designs). Most are made by a company called LT Wakeboard in China and then re-branded in the USA by small operations.

If you have a relatively new Cobalt I'd put a higher quality tower on like a Samson Sports unit or one by New Dimensions. These are generally more rigid and it will be custom to your boat. None of the Elevation Wake Towers are Anodised from what I can see so will be no good on the ocean.

The Main issue with towers like the Elevation and Shredder are their single top tubes - this allows them to flex more than towers with twin top tubes or more bracing.

If it were my money and I was set on an Elevation tower, I'd buy their Zenith Tower before the others as it's more rigid (I've fitted all three of these designs to boats). However, if you scout around on Ebay and search for companies like Bullet Lines, Pyramid Manufacturing/DIY Wake, Aerial Wakeboarding etc you'll find the same products there and possibly cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, these aren't bad towers, but they aren't original and aren't protected for salt use. Therefore you have the power to shop around with these types of tower and find the best deal. I'd argue their are far better towers available for as little as $200 more.

plumb crazy

City: Altus

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks brit rider,my boat is a 96 so i dont really want to spend2700/2900 on a tower if i dont have to.I have seen pics of an aerial airborne tower on a boat like mine and it looked good to me,but i am afraid it is going to be pain to fold up and down to get in my shop.Any feed back on the aerial tower?
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to keep the budget closer to $1k then the Airbourne won't be a bad shout. I see they have a special on right now which seems like a great deal. Though again remember that this is a polished, not anodised tower so will need extra attention to keep it looking good.

It folds by undoing 2 allen key bolts where the upper tower meets the windscreen bars at the front. You then need to loosen 2 other bolts and it'll fold fairly low.

if you then want it lower 2 other bolts can be released up top and it will go lower than the windscreen bars.

To save time you could buy some rubber hand knobs with bolts in them.... This will save you needing tools. I think they are M8 bolts from memory but I'd advise you check... they could be M10...

If you need to garage store and fold it regularly, I'd buy 4 hand bolts and just rip the upper tower off each time. It'll take 2 minutes with 2 people and may be quicker than folding it fully.

Another option would be the Monster Tower MT2 - this folds super fast and low (I've done it in under 30 seconds on a stop watch Laughing ) and its extremely rigid. It comes with a better warranty and is easier to install than the Aerial tower. I'd also argue that it'd look a little better on your boat but I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: