Wakeboarder Forum Index

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Buying this winter! I need your input

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rlmoore33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Buying this winter! I need your input Reply with quote

Ok,

I looked and searched. Most High end boats are out. It looks like the moomba,supra, and centurion keep comming back to the front of the pack. I am finding that the centurion appears to be the better deal in most cases. I dont know all the details about how each are constructed, but they appear to be the same general layout/makeup. So whats the low down on these boats (lsv, 21v, air warrior c4). I can buy the c4 at the best price (07 -100hrs.)
I know what NADA says these boats are worth, but it seems I keep seeing them sitting for sale. Whats a person actually going to pay for this year and hour boat? I know there are people that are farther along the buying path than I am...whats the story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elc_ed
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 6
City: anaheim hills

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air warrior is a centurion package. there is an elite v air warrior C4 and an avalanche air warrior C4. There is also a falcon with the air warrior package but its not the C4 hull. I believe the package includes ballast and board racks... something like that.

Avalanche is a 22ft boat
elite v is 21.5
falcon is 20 ft but has similar space to the avalanche
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rlmoore33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The centurion is the elite v 21.5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak


Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Posts: 3347
City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of budget are you working with?
_________________
www.AxisBoats.co.uk | www.Malibu-Boats.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rlmoore33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want to spend more than 35. If I can I will spend under 30. I can buy the centurion now for 30. Lots of LSV's sitting for around 33. Supra's are yet higher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chattwake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak


Joined: 01 Jul 2005
Posts: 4064
City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do your research. Look at resale values. Demo the boats and ride behind them. I don't know a single person who owns a centurion, but that's unique to my area.

If I had 30-35k to spend, I'd buy an '03-04 X2 or SAN 210. If I had 40k to spend, and I wanted something newer, I'd try to find an '09 Axis A22. I know of one in my area for high 30's right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak


Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Posts: 3347
City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chattwake, Seconded.

rlmoore33, Sticking to the well known brands at this kind of price point will pay dividend come sale time as the likes of nautique & MC will hold their money (especially the more sought after hulls). This should in theory allow you to stretch the budget, or at least stay where you're comfortable spending and not get your ass handed to you when you P/X in a couple years.

Look at as many boats as you can so you can become familiar with what is and isn't normal condition/wear n tear etc. Eventually you'll see one and just know its the best you'll find... when this happens move fast as they don't hang around long!

Equally, as you may know, this time of year sales go real slow so don't be afraid to go see a boat that's up for higher 30's and offer mid thirties for it. The worst that can happen is you get turned down!
Very Happy

_________________
www.AxisBoats.co.uk | www.Malibu-Boats.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
elc_ed
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 6
City: anaheim hills

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a centurion prior to the Axis. I thought it was well built and a good all around boat (mechanically it was perfect). I was able to sell it here in socal within a month (Jan of 2010) for what I was asking. If I was to look at another Centurion it would be an Avalanche or an Enzo 230.

Like chat and brit said I test drove a few boats in my price range before I pulled the trigger on the 2010 boat. I knew what I was looking for and in the price range this boat stood out. After you test drive a few boats one will stand out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
             


Copyright © 2012 - Wakeboarding - Wakeboarder.com - All Right Reserved
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group